~Chapter 29~ ~First Day~

Noise. It was so noisy. There were students everywhere. Almost every one of them were using their powers and they were all talking to each other. I glanced at Zeltron. "Is it always like this?" I asked. Zeltron nodded. I looked around to see some teachers walking around, trying to get students to where they need to go before class starts. "It's a good thing we have the same classes." Kai mentioned. Zeltron and I nodded. "We have astronomy first with Mrs. Aster." Zeltron informed us as he looked at a sheet of paper. "I introduced you guys to her yesterday, remember?" he asked as he glanced back at us. "She's the one that was drinking too much coffee, right?" Kai questioned. Zeltron chuckled a little and nodded.

As we walked, I noticed a lot of ghosts floating around. I watched as they flew through people, talked with people, or were just minding their own business. I wonder why I didn't see them yesterday... I felt someone place their hand on my shoulder, I looked up to see Zeltron. "Miko, I don't think you need to hide your green eye." he told me. "Why?" I asked in confusion. Zeltron subtly pointed at a student with antlers. "That person literally has antlers, and we're in a school full of people with powers. I doubt anyone's gonna insult you for having heterochromia." He took his hand off my shoulder. I thought for a moment before moving the hair that was covering my green eye. Kai looked at Zeltron and I, and he looked as if he was contemplating something. "Why did the people at Torokuma Academy bully you for your heterochromia? I honestly think it's cool." Zeltron commented as we made our way to the stairs. I thanked him as we walked up the stairs to go to the astronomy classroom. Yesterday, Zeltron explained to Kai and I that you can only turn the stairs that lead to the common rooms into a slide. And since we were walking up the stairs, it would be pointless to have them turn into a slide anyway.

I had an idea. "Zel, why don't you turn into a bird or something and fly up, while I could imagine something that'll fly Kai and I up." I suggested as other students walked or flew up and down the stairs. "What about my satchel?" Zeltron questioned. "We could take it up for you." Kai offered. Zeltron nodded and handed Kai his satchel. "Thanks." Zeltron then backed away a little and the two amber hoops appeared and did their thing. Zeltron turned into a bald eagle and flew up to the astronomy room. I held my breath and imagined a purple circle underneath Kai and I. The purple circle appeared underneath Kai and I, and I imagined it flew us up to the astronomy room. A few seconds later, Kai, Zeltron, and I were standing in front of the Astronomy classroom. I took a few breaths as Kai handed Zeltron his satchel. We walked in the class to see Mrs. Aster sitting at her desk with two empty mugs on the table, and a mug filled to the rim with coffee in her hand. We walked in and sat at the back of the classroom as students filled the empty chairs. I noticed people looking over at me and whispering, once Zel noticed, he went up to them and asked what they were talking about. He came back and told us that they know who I am, and that they're surprised to see me. He also told me to be careful since some of them might try to use me for fame.
"So, how was your first day at Ternary Academy?" Zeltron asked as we walked to the common room. "Good, but why are we learning astronomy?" Kai asked as I looked out the windows as we walked. "Some powers require the use of space. My cousin can create black holes, but she needs to know everything about them to make hers strong." Zeltron explained. "But what about those that don't require space things?" Kai asked. "Like your power, mine, or Miko's?" he added. I almost walked into a wall, but quickly dodged it and acted as if nothing happened. "Well, you're right about our powers, but Miko might need to learn astronomy for her powers." Kai and I stared at Zeltron in confusion. "Huh?" we questioned at the same time. "Well, let's say you wanna create an illusion of a planet or something space related. You'll need to know exactly what it looks like before you imagine it." he explained. We finally made it to our common room, and Zeltron turned the stairs into a slide again, and we slid down. Zeltron went first, then Kai, then me. "When are you gonna show us how to make those stairs turn into a slide?" I heard a voice ask. Once I made it to the bottom, I saw a lot of people that looked to be around my age, in the common room. "The answer to that question is never. You'll just have to figure it out yourselves." Zeltron answered as he dusted himself off. Some of the students noticed Kai and I, so Zeltron decided to introduce us. "These are my friends, Miko and her best friend, Kai." he separately pointed at us when he said our names.

"Wait... Miko as in Miko Alor?" A girl that was sitting on one of the couches walked over to me. She helped me up from the ground and I nodded. I heard some gasps and some whispering. Zeltron helped Kai up from the ground, and I noticed Zeltron roll his eyes at the girl. "You're sorta famous in Alor Village." she informed me. "Anyways... my name's Emerson Sallow, and you're sharing a dorm with me and three other girls that aren't here right now." she explained. I didn't really know what to say, so I just nodded again. By now everyone else was doing their own thing, leaving Kai, Zeltron, Emerson, and I to talk to each other. We were sitting on separate sofas in front of the fireplace. Emerson waved her hand in the air, and a cup full of tea appeared. She took a sip of her tea. "I'm honestly surprised Zeltron is friends with you." she confessed. "So tell me, how did you meet my brother?" She placed her cup of tea on the table in front of her. Kai and I stared at Zeltron at the same time, as he sank down on his sofa. "Oh... has he... not told you guys about me?" she asked, a tint of sadness in her voice. "Em, I'm sorry, it just never crossed my mind." Zeltron got off his sofa and walked over towards his sister. He stood in front of her and held her hand. "You're really important to me, Em." Emberson sniffled a little, smiled, and hugged Zeltron. "I know that, dummy."

For the rest of the day, we were either talking with each other or doing our homework. Kai and I are pretty behind since we started going to this school five months after students were supposed to. Emerson and Zeltron helped Kai and I when we needed help, and we managed to finish the homework we had. Zeltron and Emerson had more homework than us, but they finished most of theirs. Ms. Kokoro came into the common room, as she's in charge of the second group in this school (Ambrose's group, also my group). "Alright everyone, it's time for bed." Everyone started gathering their belongings and headed to their dorm rooms. We said goodnight to each other and separated to go to our dorms. There were three girls in my dorm when Emerson and I entered. One of the girls was laying on her bed, creating fire from her fingertips. Two of the girls were sitting on one bed. A girl with green hair was braiding the hair of the girl with short black hair. The girl with green hair got off the bed and smiled at me. She held her hand out for me to shake. "Hi, I'm Ivy, that's Luna, and that's Ember." Ivy informed me. I shook her hand. Luna was the girl Ivy was braiding her hair for, and Ember was the girl creating fire from her fingertips. Luna shyly waved while Ember hopped off her bed and energetically shook my hand.

We all sat down on our own beds. I noticed that Luna hadn't said a word, and I was starting to get a bit curious. Everyone else fell asleep while I was laying in bed, looking up at the ceiling. I felt someone tap my arm and I looked to my right side to see Hunter and Aria floating there. I smiled. "Woah... I haven't seen you guys in a long time." I whispered, not wanting to wake anyone up. "Yeah, sorry, we were busy with stuff." Hunter apologised. "It's alright, so how'd you guys find me?" I asked in a whisper. "We know Zeltron goes here, so we came here to check if you were here too when we didn't find you at the mansion." Aria explained. We talked for most of the night, until I fell asleep and they had to leave. I'll have to admit, that was my best first day of school ever.