~Chapter 7~ ~School~

"Hey Miko, do you have any friends?" Aria asked. I opened my mouth to say yes, but I wondered, is Kai still my friend? "I don't know." I said. "Wha-" Aria managed to say before Hunter put his hand on Aria's mouth so she could stop asking questions. I looked up and saw the sign on Torokuma Academy's gates. "Ew, did you just lick my hand?" Hunter asked, I turned around to see Hunter wiping his hand on Aria's face. "Stop, that's gross." Aria said while trying to float away. "It's your saliva." Hunter said. "Guys, we're here." I said, trying to get them to stop arguing. Hunter and Aria turned around and looked at Torokuma Academy.

"Wow, it's huge." Aria said while floating towards the gate. Once she was at the gate she floated through it, and through the school doors. "We should catch up to her before she gets lost." Hunter said. "Yeah, you're right." I replied, while running over to the gate. I pushed the gate open, and ran towards the front doors. I put my hand out to reach for the handle, and the second I touched it the bell rang. I quickly opened the door and ran inside. "Hunter, I need to go now, or I'll be late for class, could you search for Aria on your own?" I asked desperately. "Fine..." Hunter agreed hesitantly.

The second Hunter agreed I ran into the school to go to my next class, history, hoping Mr. Hethermen was late. Once I made it to the history classroom, I opened the door a little bit, so I could see who was in the room. I saw Bree sitting in the front row and an empty chair beside her, which is where Zoey would usually sit. I looked around more, trying to see if Mr. Hethermen was in the class or not. After what felt like a minute of peeking through the door, I decided to walk in the room and go straight to my seat. I pushed the door open and walked in. I turned to walk to the back of the class and I saw Kai sitting next to my seat.

What do I do? I kept asking myself. He didn't seem to notice me. He was reading a book with a cover that looked like it was made from wood. Kai seemed to be really interested in the book. I continued walking toward my seat while thinking of ways to apologise to him for running away yesterday. I made it to my seat and Kai still didn't seem to notice me. "Kai, I'm really sorry for leaving you yesterday." I said apologetically. He didn't look up, he just kept reading. I was starting to wonder what he was reading, so I leaned over to read too. Kai flipped the page, so I had to start reading from that page.

There shall be a child born with this gift. They must figure out how to use it, and save those that need saving. For they will be a kid, they shall be taught the history of our past, and join us. They shall find our world, and give us the protection the people need, for if they do not, we will all perish. Very few have these powers, so we are ever so lucky to have them. The child must be found and taught five months after October, for five months represent Avery Alor's imprisonment, while October represents her birthday. Some might die through their journey with the child, but their deaths won't be in vain. We shall carve statues of those that died to help the child save us all in their honour.

"Miko and Kai, so glad that the two of you are interested in the same book." Kai and I looked up to see Mr. Hethermen staring down at us. "I'll be confiscating that book, you can have it back at the end of the day." Mr. Hethermen added while putting his hand out for Kai to give the book to him. Kai hesitantly gave Mr. Hethermen the book. "I have been calling the two of you for five minutes, detention after school." he exclaimed. "But, sir-" Mr. Hethermen hushed me before I could finish my sentence. "If you don't want another detention, I suggest you stop talking." Mr. Hethermen said. "I hope everyone has finished their homework about both of the world wars, because you all have to put it on my desk now." Mr. Hethermen said while walking to the front of the room, while everyone took their papers out of their binders.

I turned around and opened my binder to take out my paper. Kai stayed seated since he just came here yesterday and the work was assigned a week ago. As I was flipping through my binder, looking for the paper, I saw a yellow sticky note. Kai didn't hear me when I apologised to him, I thought to myself, I opened my pencil case, took out a pencil, and started writing my apology on the sticky note.