~Chapter 3~ ~Force Field~

We walked past the lockers and empty classrooms, and I started to see people. I saw Hunter floating towards me, and I wanted to ask him if he knew what was happening, but Kai was there. "Somebody's been killed, follow me." Hunter said, while pointing at a gap between some people. "Kai, let's go there." I said pointing at the gap Hunter pointed at, Kai and I walked to the gap while Hunter floated behind us.

"Sorry!" I said, while I squeezed in between some people. Kai stood beside me and we saw a transparent purple dome. Zoey Yaniel was inside the dome with a puddle of blood around her, blood still pouring out of her body. Teachers, students, firefighters, police officers, nurses and doctors were surrounding her. A lot of people were trying to open the dome, to take Zoey out and send her to a hospital. The dome seemed to be impenetrable, but that didn't stop people from trying to open it.

Zoey's wounds seemed similar to Kai's wounds. I started to look around my surroundings, and I noticed that Ms. Kokoro wasn't in the crowd. She was probably somewhere further away in the crowd, I told myself. Half of me wanted to believe that Ms. Kokoro was good, but the other half was starting to think that she wasn't. I turned around to leave. "Where're you going?" Kai asked. I didn't even know where I was going myself. "Somewhere." I replied. I squeezed past some people, and a few seconds later Kai was walking beside me.

"Where exactly is somewhere?" Kai asked, while walking in front of me. "Somewhere is nowhere, but somewhere." I said, unknown of what I meant. Kai stopped walking. "Wanna go to the park?" he asked. I didn't have anything else to do, so I nodded. "Great, let's go!" Kai said smiling. He turned around and started walking, and I walked beside him. "Miko, do you have any siblings?" Kai asked. "No, I wish I did though, it's kind of lonely when mom and dad aren't home." I replied.

"Do you have any siblings?" I asked while turning my head to look at Kai. "Yeah, I have a little sister." Kai responded while looking at me. "There you two are!" Kai and I looked up to see Ms. Kokoro standing in front of the office. "I was worried about you two." she said while staring at me. "I didn't see you in the crowd." I blurt out. "I was sent to call for help." she replied without looking away from me. "Anyways, school is ending early because of what happened." Ms. Kokoro said.

"Why wasn't that announced?" Kai asked, finally speaking. "Everyone else is in the crowd, so principal Carmichael announced the news there." she replied, turning her attention to Kai. "Anyways, you two should start heading home now, have a good rest of your day." she said, while turning around and walking away. Kai and I were standing, in complete silence, watching as Ms. Kokoro walked away from us. "Do you still wanna go to the park?" Kai asked, breaking the silence. I looked at him.

Oh yeah, we were gonna go to the park, I reminded myself. I nodded. We started walking past the office, and out of the school. As we were walking, I remembered Hunter, and I started wondering if he was still in the school. "Hey Miko, are we friends?" Kai asked. I stopped wondering about where Hunter was, and stopped walking. I'd never had a friend before. "Are you okay?" Kai quizzed while turning around to look at me. I was thinking of what to say, and I started wondering. What if it was a trick and he just wants to make a fool out of me?

"I'm sorry... I just thought we would be friends by now..." Kai said apologetically while fidgeting with his fingers, and looking down. I started tearing up in happiness, and I was trying my hardest to not cry. "Kai, why do you want to be my friend?" I asked while wiping away the tears that started to roll down my eyes. There was silence. "Well, you saved me, and you're nice." he said without looking up at me. I started walking towards him.

He seemed to notice since he looked up at me when I was standing in front of him. "Are you sure you want to be friends with me?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm sure," he said, his blue eyes glistening with positivity. This is it, I finally have a friend, I thought to myself. I felt so happy that I didn't have any words to say to Kai. Out of nowhere, I went towards Kai, and gave him a hug, and he hugged me back. This is the first time I have hugged someone that wasn't related to me.