~Chapter 34~ ~Body Swap~

I woke up to Kai shaking me. I glanced at my room window just to see that it was still dark outside. I tiredly sat up on my bed as I rubbed my eyes. "What?" I made sure the annoyance I was feeling was heard in my tired state. I noticed Kai hesitating for a moment before he finally spoke. "There's something I've been wanting to tell you ever since you told me about your heterochromia." I was starting to become a little worried. "What is it?" I questioned, eager to hear what he wanted to tell me. He got off my bed and walked over to the light switch. I quickly closed my eyes so I wouldn't be blinded when he flipped the switch. I opened my eyes once I heard the sound of the light switch being flipped and opened my eyes. It took a while to adjust to the light, but once I got used to it I noticed that Kai's back was facing me. "So, you gonna tell me or not?"
I heard Kai sigh. "O-okay, but don't freak out." From the way his voice sounded, it kind of sounded as if he was regretting waking me up. "I promise I won't freak out, but you don't need to tell me if you don't want to." I reassured. "I want to tell you, 'cause if I don't, I won't be able to sleep tonight or ever." He dramatically stated. I covered my mouth and yawned. "Kai, hurry up, we have school in the morning." I tiredly reminded him as I rubbed my eyes. He gulped and hugged himself tightly. "I- I have red eyes..." He still had his back facing me. "Lemme see." I got off my bed and eagerly walked over to Kai. He turned around, but was startled when he saw me. "Did you teleport or something?" He questioned as he put a hand on his heart. "No, I create illusions, remember?" I flicked his forehead. I looked at his eyes to see that they were in fact red. "Wait a minute, your eyes were blue though." He rubbed the part of his forehead I flicked. "I just wore contacts..." My eyes widened. "I've been living here for months, and you're telling me that you were wearing contacts all this time. Did you even take them off?" I questioned in a British accent.

Kai held in a laugh. "Why'd you turn British all of a sudden?" He laughed and I started laughing along with him. "I don't even know." I managed to answer as I tried calming myself down. "Anyways, I took them off whenever I was alone." he answered my previous question. "Does anyone else know?" I quizzed as I stretched a little. "Yeah, grandma, Kayla, and Zel." My eyes widened and I froze. "You told Zel before you told me?" I whisper-yelled. "It was more of an accident... I've always woken up earlier than everyone in my dorm, so I can put my contacts on." He started as I waited for him to continue. "One day, Zel woke up before me and then saw my red eyes. He was surprised at first, so I explained as I put my contacts on." He finished. I hummed and pushed him out of my room. "Okay, now go to sleep." I closed my bedroom door before he could protest then turned off the light as I hopped onto my bed. I got comfortable and managed to fall asleep in a few minutes.

Kai and I got in the car as Alexandra drove us to the forest. We had to leave the house at six in the morning every time we were going back to Ternary Academy so we could get ready, drive there, then eat breakfast in the dining hall. Alexandra parked in front of the forest and we said our goodbyes as Kai and I walked over to the cabin. We quickly walked into the fire, then ran to Ternary Academy. We ran up the hill and once we were at the huge doors, we had to take a quick break to catch our breath. Kai checked the time on his phone and quickly grabbed my wrist and pulled me inside. "We're gonna miss breakfast if we don't hurry." Kai informed as he stuffed his phone back in his pocket. We quickly made our way to our common room, then ran to our separate dorm rooms to put our stuff away. We met in the common room and quickly made our way to the dining hall.

The dining hall was full of people eating and chatting with each other. We spotted an empty seat beside Zeltron and another beside Emerson as they sat together. We made our way to them, Kai sat beside Zel as I sat beside Em. We talked and ate breakfast, then had to hurry to our dorms to grab our stuff for our first classes. Zel remembered he forgot something and left Kai and I to walk to class by ourselves. As we walked past students and some teachers, a kid in Ezra's group came up to us. He placed a hand on my shoulder and one on Kai's. He looked at us then smiled shyly. "Sorry, I thought you two were my cousins." he quickly ran away as he put gloves over his hands. Kai and I shrugged it off and walked into the history classroom. Zeltron ran inside once Kai and I sat down and took our history homework out.