13 | PARALYZED

DREAD AND ANXIETY were causing up a storm inside Izzy as she rushed after Dan who, after mysterious guidance from Michael, had headed straight for the parking lot where his car awaited. Michael hadn't told him to do anything specific, so Izzy couldn't tell what he was plotting, but it seemed Dan had gotten the hint, either way, and was now destined to do something indescribably stupid. And Izzy, well, she made it her responsibility to intervene.

"Dan, listen to me, this is a huge mistake. You need to just talk to Lucifer and I'm sure-", she tried, only to be silenced by the Espinoza turning on his heel and facing down Isadora with defiant, albeit teary eyes.

"He's the Devil, Iz. I let him near my family, my daughter. This isn't a metaphor, it's real. He really is... that", Dan shuddered, and with an exasperated sigh, Izzy nodded.

"I know, Dan, okay? I've known for years now. And it wasn't easy to accept, I didn't take it well, either. But he's good, just like Maze is good", she tried to get through to him, but it seemed that the more she said, the worse his state of mind got.

"You knew? And you've still been dating her all this time?" Dan questioned with genuine shock and hurt, but before Izzy could say anything more, he shook his head and gave her a dismissive wave. "You know what, I can't stop you, can I? But you need to let me go, too", he insisted before turning back around and closing the distance between himself and the car, all the while Izzy stood there useless and unsure what to do.

As she watched Dan swerve out of the parking lot, her phone rang, and with another sigh slipping from between her lips, she picked up the call only to hear Chloe's voice.

"There's been another murder."

///

UNEASY AT THE SIGHT IN FRONT OF HER, Izzy watched Ella photograph their latest victim while Kai and Chloe were off to the side interviewing the person who had found the body. She found herself utterly unable to focus due to the anticipation of what was to come, and when there seemed to be no sign of Lucifer at the crime scene, she flexed her hands repetitively to channel the irritable energy somewhere.

"Have you seen Lucifer?" Izzy asked Ella who didn't need to look up from her camera to know she was being talked to.

"I think he was taking Benji to couples' therapy", the Lopez snorted before finally raising her eyes and noticing Izzy fidgeting. "Why? Something wrong?" she queried, and right before she was about to answer, Isadora realized she was still blissfully unaware of Lucifer's true nature, too. Between Dan and Ella, not many people had been left, and now... it was just her and Mariah, wasn't it?