Meeting the New Bosses

Monday after Evangeline's lunch break...

Evangeline rushed to her small desk, seeing that someone was cleaning it off. "What are you doing?" She asked angrily, snatching the framed picture of her and Trent out of their hands. It was George, the manager of the floor that she worked on. The thin man wearing grey slacks and a button up, white short sleeved shirt looked at her in shock. In the nearly five years she was employed there, he had never heard her sound like that. His pale blue eyes were large behind his rimless glasses.

"I was told to clean out your desk. You are being moved to another floor." George replied, placing the box on the desk.

"Moved? Why am I being moved?" Evangeline searched her mind for a moment. She had no problem with anyone on the floor and work well with others. She looked about, seeing that people were glancing at her, whispering.

"It is your diversity in languages. You are fluent in several, right?" George asked her. She nodded, confusion setting in. "The new bosses wanted someone who could speak different languages and management remembered that you could. Congratulations, Evie. You are now a personal secretary to Mr. Chernoff and Mr. Kotov." George smiled at her. She cut her eyes at him. She dislike being called that nickname and everyone on the floor knew that.

Evangeline took over packing up her desk, leaving all the files she was working out on top for the next person to come along. She laid her purse on top since the strap decided to break while she was getting lunch from the vending machine. George directed her to the elevators and told her that they would be waiting on her up on the top floor of the building.

In the mirrored reflection of the elevator, she straightened out her beige knee length skirt and ensure the simple updo of her hair was still in place. Evangeline inspected her white blouse, hoping not to see a mustard stain or something food related there. It was clean. She checked out her nylons for running and nothing to cause alarm. A simple brown low heel rounded her outfit. She had laid her matching jacket over the box with her broken purse on top.

She took a breath for she had heard about the new bosses from the girls of the office. Elder sons of the former bosses who were following in father's footsteps. She never saw them, but the word was that they both were very lickable. Not her words, but Janet from finance.

Holding her box from her desk, she stepped off the elevator and immediately caught her sensible heel on the small gap of the elevator door. She went down with the box lifting from her hands. Her purse went flying. Her phone slipped out and lands of the hard tile hard. It slid right in the pathway of a pair of men in very nice suits walking by. CRACK!

Evangeline looked from the floor where she fell to see one of the men lifting up his feet. He had accidently stepped on it. Evangeline wanted to cry from embarrassment.

"Are you okay?" A male voice with a slight Russia accent asked. One of the men were at her side, helping her up. She nodded her head. "Use your words." The voice said. She looked up and found herself looking at the darkest chocolate eyes she had ever seen. A strand of raven's wing hair, escaping from a short ponytail, fell against his chiseled cheek, straight to his strong jawline and strong chin. His skin reminded her of sun-tanned beach bodies.

"Y..yes. I will be okay. Just...my phone." Evangeline stood up, noting how strong his hands felt on her arm and small of her back. He was close and his cologne of leather and cashmere was muddling her senses. Standing up, Evangeline was tiny compared to his large, tall frame. He had to be over six foot with broad shoulders and a wide torso that tampered to a narrow waist. She could tell so much by his tailor black business suit and white oxford shirt. His suit pants hugged his large thighs.

"It is broken." Another voice, the Russian accent was lighter in pitch spoke. The other man was holding her now shattered screen phone in his hand. Evangeline turned her head to see that this man was nearly the exact opposite of the first. Silver blond hair that was sleek back and eyes such a light blue that they could be mistaken for white. His face was sculpted with his straight nose, sharp jaw. His build was leaner, not as wide in the chest, still narrow in the waist. Just an inch or two inches shorter than the first. His suit was green buffalo check with gold and blue accents with a matching blue oxford shirt. He was sporting a single-breasted vest that matching the suit. His skin was fair with a light suntan.