Drunk and Delusional

At five, Evangeline was packing up her desk. The office doors were still closed and locked tight with both of her bosses still inside. She did not want to disturb them, so she left to meet Howard out front. It was a light rain while they drove to the store so she could pick up just a few things. Howards asked her if that was everything she needed. She nodded, saying that she did. She was lying to him and herself, but she would be okay.

Howard insisted on carrying the two bags of groceries up the stairs to her apartment. He was huffing by the time they got to the sixth floor. Evangeline invited him in for a bottle of water. Sitting on the couch, Howard took notice of the tiny space. It was very clean and uncluttered. Just a few pictures on the coffee table. No artwork on the walls. It seemed very impersonal.

"After having to give up everything to make ends meets, I am skittish about buying décor items. That is money I could use for more useful things." Evangeline explained to him when he asked about her style. "Before, I would buy things on a whim. I guess I grew too cold to enjoy pretty things." She told him. Howard patted her hand, saying that when she can, take a walk in the historic district of the city, where all the antique shops and artisans were. She would find her style there.

Howard climbed down the stairs and back to the car. Taking a much-needed breather, he called to the bosses. He told them exactly what was in her apartment. Virtually nothing.

"A couch that should be in the dump. An old coffee table and just a murphy bed. Seriously sirs, the death of her husband and the loans absolutely broke her spirit." Howard told them on the speaker call. "Just a handful of pictures of Trent and her. A pair elderly people, possible her grandparents for there are some share facial features. No other family members. Its..." Howard took a raggedy breath. He was moved to gathered her up and take her straight to their manor house where she could learn to live again.

"Thank you, Mr. Roland. Go home and relax. She will be well taken care of very soon." Leo told him. The call ended. Leo tapped the device on his forehead. "She is like a puzzle box. Just have to find the right combination and she will open up to us." He told Rake who was pouring bourbon in a glass.

"Yes. Now there is a few girls at the Velvet Rose who might have worked with her. Let's ask them if they recall our angel." Rake took a drink from the glass, handing Leo his own. After the drink, they left the office, going to the gentlemen's club. All the staff was there but Mr. Felts and Mr. Lewis were nowhere to be seen.

"Mr. Felt and Mr. Lewis have decided to place their efforts in a different venture. As of tonight, Ms. Selene Dita is the new manager of the Velvet Rose." Leo announced at the emergency staff meeting. Ms. Dita, the older, curly hair brunette woman was one of the employees who had been there the longest, twenty years and knew all the ins and outs of the club.

Leo and Rake knew that she was the one really running the place while Felts and Lewis were scamming them out of money for the last year and with the previous owners. That little meeting at the Plaza was just a show to make the two frauds feel comfortable. They were really comfortable now with their new shoes and accommodations.

"I will do right by you both." She smiled happily. Her tits bounced in her red lacy short dress. She was dressed to dance that night in her six-inch silver heels. They led her into her office and started to get her logged in on the computer with her own information. As they finished up getting everything set, they asked if she remember a waitress by the name of Evangeline Farrelly (her maiden name).

"Waitress? Oh no, no, no. She was no waitress. Angel baby was the best dancer we had at the time." Ms. Dita pulled out an old photo album from the shelf. Flipping through it, her long, painted red nail landed on a picture. There in vibrant color was Evangeline with her natural hair, holding on pole with just her knee in the air. She was dressed in a tiny pair of white lace panties and silver pansies over her nipples. Thigh high white boots and a set a little angel wings rounded out her costume. "Watching her was like magic. She had such a talent. She told her boyfriend turned hubby that she was a waitress and trained to be a bartender. This place was not his vibe so no threat of him showing up."

"Thank you, Ms. Dita." Leo smiled at the new manager. Rake pocketed the picture when he thought she was not looking. There were more layers to their angel than they realized. Leaving the club, confident they would have no more problems from there, the men decided to pay a visit to a bar they were known at.

At Evangeline's place...

Settling down on her couch, she sipped on the cheap wine that she liked and started another book. Once she was asked why she read so much. To escape from the reality around her. That was why. Besides, a book never let her down like the people in her life. Her parents, friends, other than Trent, everyone left her to pick up all the pieces by herself. She was just happy that they had not kids to worry about.

In the pages, the FMC was faced with a dilemma. Lose her family farm to land developments or join the two neighboring landowners who were drop dead gorgeous in the fight. Passion ran over in a hayloft where she was back in a corner, their mouths worshipping her touch deprived body. Each lick and nibble drove her to ecstasy.

Evangeline groaned as the scene was heating up with the two guys split railing her over a staddle stand. Her hand was reaching for the waist band of her grey sweats when her phone rang in her hand. She fumbled, nearly dropping it to the floor. It was Rake's number showing on the screen.

"Um, Hello, Mr. Chernoff?" She asked, trying to calm her breath.

"Ms. Fenner, I hope I did not uninterrupted your night." He mumbled, his words a bit slurred. "I just wanted to let you know that we will not be the office until later in the day tomorrow. Please push back any meetings."

"There are only meetings are in the afternoon after one o'clock. Is everything okay, sir?" Evangeline asked in a concern matter. There was a scuffle on his end of the line. She could hear him arguing with someone incoherently.

"Angel, our beautiful, fucking prefect angel. Where are you?" Leo blurted out, obviously intoxicated.

"I'm home, sir." Evangeline was unsure what to tell him. She looked around to make sure herself.

"YOU are not here. This is your home. Angel, come home." Leo whined, fighting to keep the phone from Rake. "Sweet, delectable angel. Say my name." He purred into the phone.

"Mr. Kotov?" Evangeline answered, now really unsure what to do. Her boss was drunk and hitting on her. Made her feel kind of good.

"Say my first name." Leo's voice went dark.

"Leo." She whispered into the receiver.

He groaned. "A song from heaven." There was a thud. Rake was muttering something about drunk asshole in Russian.

"Forgive him, he had tequila tonight. Thank you, Ms. Fenner. Have a good night." Rake spoke, huffing at the man passed out at his feet.

"Good night, Mr. Chernoff." Evangeline told him.

"Say my name." Rake requested, his voice raspy. He had to know what it sounded like from her mouth.

"Rake." She did not mean for it to sound so breathless, but she was sparely breathing as is.

"Fucking heavenly." Rake growled, ending the call. Evangeline held her phone in her hand. Her bosses, the two sexiest guys she had encountered in a long time, just drunk dialed her and made her all hot and bother. How in the hell could she see them at work and not ask for a raise from their pants?

Evangeline told a breath and closed her kindle app. What just happen was a bit more spicier than getting dicked down in a horse stall. Leo said this was her home. Their residence? She did not know what to say to that. He told her to come home.

"Drunk. Drunk and delusional." Evangeline shook her head. She went to bed and found sleep to be filled with the imagines of her bosses with cowboy hats and nothing else.