Broken Wings

Later that night...

Rake looked out of the glass of their condo. Two weeks, their angel was missing and only God and the Devil knew what Primo was doing to her. They had their men comb the city, kicking in any door that refuse to open to the search for Evangeline. The city truly learned why he was called Wraith. Still nothing. She was still in the wind.

He ran his fingers back through the mess of his hair, greasy to the touch. Leo and he had barely eaten, slept, or done much of anything except look for their angel. They had their men, a network of informants, and any fucking body who was smart enough to talk against Primo looking for her.

His town house was searched, top to bottom. Any known businesses that he had. If he was associated with an address, they looked. It was like Primo was a magician and made Evangeline disappear into thin air.

Rake looked over at Leo who was passed out in the couch, both men were still in yesterday's suits. There were still blood flakes on the cuffs where they beat the crap out of one of Primo's general. He was heard spouting off at a bar about getting a piece of Primo's new fuck toy. One of the bartenders called a buddy of theirs who happen to be a general for Rake and Leo. When the guy went to take a leak, he was grabbed up quick and taken to a warehouse that the Kotov family owned.

After removing several of the man's fingers, an ear, and threating to take an eye, the general talked. Evangeline was kept at one of Primo's safe houses, but after they had their fun, she was moved to a different location. No one was told the address, only to be ready to have more fun with her later that week.

That was how Primo was keeping her from being found, moving her every other day or so. He told this Rake and Leo that Primo would call them with the location and told them what time to be there and for all five of them to enjoy themselves. The general chuckled, telling them that she was the best pussy he ever had. That was his last mistake.

Leo saw red. Taking a blade, he gutted the man slowly. The man screamed as Leo was pulling his intestines from his body. Leo kicked the chair that he was tied to back and stepped on his chest. Wrapping a length of his own intestines around the man's neck, Leo strangled him to death. Leo told their men to dump the body on a roadside and burn it. A message to Primo.

The ringing of his phone pulled Rake from his dark thoughts. Looking at the ID, he was confused to why an Irish Catholic church would be calling him so late or at all. Saint Brigid Church was in the middle of Irish Mob territory and the Russians had no beef with them ever since Leo's mother who was an Irish woman married his father. The marriage was arranged to make a truce between the two warring groups, and by luck the two fell in love and had a family.

"Chernoff." Rake answered the phone in a guff tone for he was running on rage and energy drinks at this point. He heard a sniffle. His hand tightened on the device. "Angel?" He whispered, ready to go on his knees to pray to God again for her return.

"Rake." Evangeline whimpered, crying into the phone. In the background, there was the sounds of beeps and hums. Her voice was low, trembling when she spoke. She was trying to speak but she could not form the words.

"Sweet angel, where are you?" He cried out, awaking Leo from the couch. Rake dropped to his knees, begging for her to tell him where she was. Evangeline was sobbing now, barely speaking.

"Primo...raped me. He let others..." Evangeline could not speak anymore. She was crying too hard. Rake and Leo listened, tears welling up in their eyes. Their angel was alive and that was all that matter to them.

Someone else came in the line. "Gentlemen, this is Sister Gemma at the Saint Brigid Medical Center. Ms. Feener is in our care now. She has asked for you two. She needs you both here." Sister Gemma gave them the address to the medical center that was a block away from the church.