Taking Her Home

At the end of the day...

Evangeline sat at her desk, finishing up the agendas for the next day for both men. She bit her lips, wondering how she was going to kept up with both bosses. She made slight changes to the files, to know whose is who's in a glance. The ornate wall clock chimed five o clock. This was the usual time she started to leave the officer, but as a personal secretary, she was unsure when her workday ended. She looked at the door, wondering if she should knock to ask. Deciding that it would be rude, she stay, working on a few other things to help her work at her best for them.

"What are you still doing here. Ms. Fenner?" Leo asked, surprised to see her still at her desk, nearly a half hour after five. They had walked out of the office, going out for the night and found her still working away.

"I was unsure when I should leave. I have never worked at a personal secretary before, sir." She lowered her eyes, feeling stupid for not asking earlier.

"That is why you have a new phone. You leave at five on the dot, even if you are working on something important for us. Take the laptop with you and if we need anything, we will call." Rake explained, pulling out a name brand computer bag to use from the small closet storage behind her desk. "You will need to answer your phone when we call at all times. Understand?"

"Yes, sirs." Evangeline nodded, saving her work. They waited for her to pack up the laptop.

Leo noticed the broken strap of her purse. It was Prada, yet several years old. The blush-colored leather was worn. "You need a new purse." He stated. That was one thing he noticed through the week of watching her. Her clothes looked to be from a secondhand store, softly worn and not fashionable. The same two pairs of heels were rotated through the week, brown with soft colors and black with bold colors. Always the same purse.

Evangeline fingered the broken strap. "I can repair it, sir." She tucked it in the computer bag.

"Sentimental?" Rake asked, letting his voice go soft.

She nodded. "The last thing that Trent...yes, it is." She cut off her words, not wanting their pity. She had enough at the beginning, only to learn it was false when she learned about her financial fate. Both men nodded, understanding the hold of certain things in their lives.

Together, they walked out of the building. The men started for a black Lincoln town car that was waiting. The driver opened the door for them. Evangeline started down the sidewalk.

"Ms. Fenner, where is your car?" Leo called out to her.

She stopped in her tracks. "I don't have one. I walk." She told him. She started to turn away, hoping that would be the end of it.

"Get in, we will take you home." Rake ordered her. Evangeline hesitated, not wanting for her new bosses to see the state she lived in. The building was becoming run down and she was sure that it was ran by a slumlord at this point. Yet, it was all she could afford in the city. With her head down, she went to the car and climbed in. The driver waited for the men to settle in before closing the door.

Inside the car was spacious and had dual seating in the back, facing each other. Evangeline sat on the side closest of the driver. He asked for her address, and she gave it to him.

"That is nearly ten blocks away. You walk in every day?" Leo asked, looking up from his phone where he was texting their dinner companions. Rake glanced up from his phone too.

"Yes. It is not a bad walk." Evangeline stated, trying to avoid their stares. They nodded, noting the address in their phones. It was a stretchy place to live for a single woman. The ride was quiet. When the car pulled up to the building, Evangeline tried to open the car door, but Leo stopped her.

"Ladies should never open doors in the presence of men." He proclaimed, opening the door himself. He climbed out, seeing the state of the area. He huffed, turning back to offer his hand to her.

"Thank you, Mr. Kotov." Evangeline was gracious for his assistance. It had been a long while since a man show his chivalrous side to her. Before she could start for the entrance of the building, Rake climbed out. His dark eyes scanned the area too.

"Let us see you up safely." Rake told her.

"That is okay. I will..."

"We insist." Leo stated, walking to the door. She nodded, knowing that she would not win the argument. Leo held the door open to her. Rake followed behind her. He glanced at Leo, knowing what they were really doing. Casing the area, seeing that she lived in such a place made them sick to their stomachs. Their angel deserved a high-rise condo, a French Chateau in the country, or whatever she desired. Not this hovel of a place.

"Oh, the elevator is down again." Evangeline felt her shoulders drop. It was acting up this morning that she could heard through the walls. Not one to want to be locked in a box suspended by cords, Evangeline would take the stairs no matter if it was working now.

"What floor do you live on?" Rake looked angrily at the worn out of order sign plastered to the door with the caution tape x-ing the entrance of the entrance.

"The sixth." Evangeline slipped off her heels and replaced them with ballet flats that she kept in her purse. "Really, I will be..."

"It is leg day anyways." Leo mused, starting to the old staircase. Evangeline sighed, following behind him. Rake was covering her back, secretly admiring the view he had. She had shapely legs from walking the stairs daily and a tight, round ass too. Rake would glance up, hoping that she was not looking back at him for he was focus on her backside for all six flights.

They waited until she unlocked her door before telling her goodbye. The men did not ask to be invited in for that would have been too much on the first day. Besides, seeing the small space she made her home in would have made them pack her up and move everything to their shared residence.

Both men were pissed, walking down the stairs. In her personnel file, it was just the basic of education and work experience. There was a several years gap between her last job and the current one. What did she do during that time? Who was she married to? Why did she live in such a place? What did her finances look like? They were hunger to know everything about their angel.

Leo and Rake returned to the car, telling the driver from now on that he would be picking up and dropping off Ms. Fenner for work and any other place she need to go. The driver nodded, agreeing with the gentlemen for he did not like the area either. Now, sitting in the back of the car while driving to the restaurant, they were pulling strings to learn the ins and outs of Evangeline's life.