Flowers and Pole Dancing

The next afternoon...

Leo and Rake came to the office during Evangeline's lunch hour. Leo was still nursing the effects of the tequila and the fall to the floor. Rake was just dealing with the lingering memory of Evangeline saying his name.

Unlocking the office, the men found fresh coffee brewed, the agendas on their desks, and bottles of water with headache pills. Leo snapped opened the pill bottle, taking two, chasing them with the water before making himself a cup of coffee.

"An angel." Rake sighed, opening his bottle of water.

"She is going to think us devils. I am never drinking tequila again." Leo sipped on the cup.

"She is going to think us fools. YOU told her to come home. Her room is not ready." Rake rise his voice, instantly regretting it. He sat down, rubbing his temples. "We must be smart and not scare her off."

"That, I agree with." Leo groaned, sitting down to read over the agenda of the day. "What flowers should we send her?"

"Roses are too safe." Rake pulled his tired eyes away from the desktop. Leo nodded, laying his head in the wood top. Rake opened the clone file of her pictures on his iPad. He found the photo he was looking for and dialed the nearest florist shop.

Evangeline was sitting at a table in the break room by herself, looking at her phone in shock. The loans were closed, paid completely off. The weight on her shoulders was gone due to a mysterious donation. She was fighting tears for she was happy. Since she was in the corner, the two younger women did not see her when they walked in.

"I still can't believe that frumpy, old bag is the new secretary for our bosses. I mean, would they rather look at something more attractive than that?" The thin, natural sunny blond said, flipping her hair over her shoulder. Her clothes were tighter and framed her small figure well. "I mean, hello." She gestured at herself.

"It was only because she can speak half a dozen languages. You barely master English." Her friend poked fun at her. The blond stuck out her tongue, laughing.

"Yea, but my head game is on point. Would love to wrap my lips around those cocks. Who do you think is bigger? Kotov or Chernoff?" The blond laughed. They got their diet drinks and left without noticing Evangeline at all.

She smiled dimmed, catching her reflection in her phone. The blond was right. She was just a frumpy, old woman. Her bosses did not mean what they said last night. They had been drinking. Blotting her tears with a napkin to prevent her makeup to getting ruin, she focused all her attention on what she could do now. First, look for a new place to live. Second, figure out who in the hell she was now since she was no longer a poor widow.

Arriving back lunch, she noticed the door to the office open. She peeked her head in, not seeing them. They had a meeting so they must have forgot to lock the door. She noticed the bottles of water and headache medicine she left for them were gone. She smiled softly, hoping they were dealing with the aftermath okay.

Evangeline was sitting at her desk when a flower delivery guy came up. In his hands was an arrangement of sunflowers, pink mini roses, and white daisies. It is in a blown glass vase of swirling colors of blues, whites and browns. It was beautiful.

"Ms. Fenner?" The delivery guy asked. She nodded, standing up. She directed him to set it down on the desk. He congratulated her and left. Her nose went in, taking in the fragrance of the flowers. There was a card nestled in the blooms.

Sorry for the drunk call last night

L&R

Evangeline giggled, thinking about how cute Leo sounded drunk. Her mind went to when he told her to say his name. Her thighs clutched the sound. Thinking about Rake's made her sit down before her knees gave out. She placed the card in her purse for safe keeping and from prying eyes. She smiled at the flowers that happen to be her favorite. The unique sunflower, the proper rose, and the simple daisy.