Chapter 14

Ara opened the wardrobe, carefully selecting an outfit and slipping into it. She stood before the mirror, checking herself out and giving her hair a quick touch-up before making her way downstairs.

Down in the living room, Taehyung was seated on the couch, flipping through various news channels. Jennie stood near the kitchen, engaged in conversation with some of the maids. As Ara descended, she joined Jennie in the kitchen, listening to their conversation.

"Morning, unnie," Ara greeted with a warm smile, and Jennie reciprocated the greeting. Together, they moved to the living room where Taehyung was already seated. Taking their seats, they joined him.

Jennie informed Ara, "The maids are back, so now you can go out without any tension."

Ara looked at Jennie inquisitively. "Go out? Where?" she asked.

Taehyung chimed in, "Ara, you've officially joined my office as my secretary. You'll need to go to the office regularly."

"And yes I have no doubt you'll be one of the best employees." Jennie said with her cute smile. Ara smiled and nodded

After a hearty breakfast, Taehyung prepared to leave for the office, holding his suit and bag. Checking the time on his watch, he heard the distinct sound of heels approaching. His eyes were drawn to the source, and he watched as Ara descended the stairs. She was dressed in a lovely outfit, her hair tied in a charming messy bun, and she held a stack of files in her hand. As she came down, she struggled with her zipper, catching Taehyung's attention.

Walking over to her, he offered, "Need any help?" Ara looked at him, her eyes filled with gratitude, and nodded.

Taehyung walked behind Ara, skillfully zipping up her dress. "This dress looks pretty on you," he complimented, his voice filled with admiration.

Ara turned around, flashing a grateful smile. "Thank you," she replied, genuinely appreciating his gesture. They then headed out to the car, with both of them entering. Taehyung settled into the driver's seat, while Ara took the front passenger seat. As they started the journey, he turned on one of Ara's favorite songs.

Ara was initially lost in thought, gazing out of the car window. However, when she looked back at Taehyung, she was taken aback by the music playing. "You don't usually listen to this kind of music, do you?" she inquired.

Taehyung grinned and responded, "No, but you do."

Ara raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "How did you know that?" she asked.

Taehyung glanced at Ara for a moment before refocusing on the road. He smiled enigmatically and said, "I know many other things about you that you might not even remember about yourself."

Ara looked at Taehyung with a curious expression. "Oh really? Mr. Taehyung, can you tell me how and what else you know?"

Taehyung slowly moved his hand from the gear to her thigh, gently caressing it. "Do you really need to know right now what else I know that intrigues you?" he asked, all while his hand continued its journey up her thigh. Ara swallowed nervously and shook her head, a coy smile tugging at her lips.

After arriving at the office, both of them got out of the car and made their way inside. They walked toward the elevator, where other employees were waiting. Taehyung received friendly greetings from his colleagues. When the elevator arrived, he and Ara stepped inside, making her stand next to him.

In the elevator, as the lift ascended, Taehyung gradually began to touch Ara's hand, interweaving their fingers. Ara attempted to withdraw her hand from his grasp, but the more she struggled, the tighter his grip became.