Chapter 40

"Oppa, leave me!" Joy shouted, her voice echoing through the room.

Frustrated, she stomped her foot on the floor and then sat back on the bed, thinking aloud, "I need to inform them about all this."

Meanwhile, Hoseok sat in his room, working on his laptop when his phone rang. He answered the call with a brisk "Hello."

"Sir, the lady has passed out! What should we do?" one of his guards reported.

Hoseok glanced at the time and responded, "Call a doctor and get her checked. I will come tomorrow to have a look." He ended the call and returned to his work.

In another part of the city, Jimin sat in his office, holding his phone, deep in thought. "Why hasn't she contacted me?" he wondered aloud, staring at his phone screen.

His thoughts were interrupted by the door opening. Jungkook walked in, and Jimin greeted him with a smile. "Hi!"

"Hi!" Jungkook replied, shaking Jimin's hand.

"So, what brings you here today?" Jimin asked.

"Hmm, there's something important," Jungkook said, a serious expression on his face.

"Oh! Do we need to let him know?" Jimin inquired.

Jungkook shook his head. "We need to, but let's have a look first and see if we can handle it ourselves."

Jimin nodded.

At Taehyung's place, Ara was sitting on the couch in her room, silently engrossed in the videos on her phone, thinking she was alone at home. She wore earphones, completely unaware that Taehyung had come home early from his office.

"Ara!" Taehyung called out, but she didn't respond. He looked around the house and finally reached his room, finding her on the couch, intensely watching something on her phone, biting her nails, her eyes wide and fixed on the screen.

He called her name again, but still, she didn't hear. Taking careful steps, Taehyung slowly approached her. Ara, sensing someone's presence, quickly looked up. Seeing Taehyung coming closer, she hurriedly exited the adult website, placed her phone down, and stood up, all nervous, gulping as she did.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow, noticing her flustered state. "Ara, what were you watching?" he asked, his voice calm but curious.

"N-Nothing!" she stammered, avoiding his gaze.

He moved closer, gently tilting her chin up to look at him. "Are you sure babygirl!!".

Ara looked him into his eyes "Yes..!!"

Ara, trying to change the topic, gently held Taehyung’s shoulder and started pushing him towards the washroom. “Go get fresh,” she urged, quickly running to the wardrobe to grab him some clothes. She handed them to him and closed the door, leaving Taehyung slightly confused.

“Uff,” she sighed, placing a hand on her chest, trying to calm her racing heart.

She quickly ran down to the kitchen and asked the maid to warm up the food for them. The maid nodded.

Ara paced around the kitchen, trying to compose herself when Taehyung’s footsteps echoed down the stairs as he came down, freshly showered and dressed in the clothes she had picked out.

She looked at him as the maid plated the dinner on the table. Taehyung sat down with Ara by his side, both of them enjoying their meal together. The atmosphere started to feel more comfortable and relaxed.

As they were about to leave the dining area, Ara heard a hissing sound from the kitchen. She quickly ran towards the source and saw the maid had accidentally hurt herself.