Chapter 26

Ara remained seated in front of the TV, her gaze fixed on the screen as Namjoon entered the room with a warm smile.

"Ara," he called out.

Turning her attention to him, she responded, "Are you watching something important?"

"Na, Just feeling a bit bored," he replied.

"Hmm," she hummed.

Suddenly, Ara shifted her gaze toward Namjoon and asked, "Oppa, what about we get married?" Namjoon looked at her in surprise, "You want to marry me?" She nodded, managing a forced smile.

He hugged her, and a solitary tear traced its way down her cheek. "Whenever you're ready we will get married that moment," he assured her.

Ara with drenched eyes, said, "Thank you, Oppa." Namjoon nodded, smiling warmly.

In the following days, Namjoon began preparing for their wedding. Ara, trying to let go all other emotions and feelings trying to enjoy, asked Namjoon, "Oppa, can you help to regain my lost memories?"

Namjoon's expression shifted, and he gazed at her intently. "Oh, okay," he said, offering a slight smile. While driving the car and after a couple of minutes he stopped the car infront of a boutique.

Ara sat contemplating when Namjoon approached her, holding a stunning bridal gown. Standing up, she realized it was the same gown she had chosen before when she was Taehyung. "This will look amazing on you," Namjoon said, and Ara smiled at him.

She smiled, trying to hide her inner turmoil, and nodded. "It's beautiful, Oppa."

Namjoon beamed with happiness, unaware of the internal struggle Ara was facing. They continued to plan their wedding, but Ara's mind kept drifting to Taehyung.

They left the boutique, and Namjoon gently held her hand. "Wanna grab something to eat?" he asked.

"No thanks," she replied.

With that they came back home.

A week later, Ara found herself surrounded by makeup artists in front of a mirror, each skillfully enhancing her beauty. As she stared into her reflection, Namjoon entered the room.

"Oppa," she greeted, turning around. Namjoon signaled for the others to leave, creating a private moment between them. Holding a box, he said, "Look what I brought for you." Ara shifted her gaze to the box as he opened it, revealing photos of her parents. He showed her the pictures, and she gazed at them, a mix of emotions playing across her face.

"You always hated Uncle's job and used to tell him you wanted to live a normal life," Namjoon said, showing her the photos.

"You know, you once despised Taehyung simply because of his ties to the mafia. I don't understand how you fell for him," he added.

"No, I don't. I don't love him," tears streamed down her face.

With that, Namjoon left her alone to get ready. After some time, Ara walked on the aisle, clutching a bouquet in her hand. Her eyes remained fixed on the ground as she reached altar, standing there next to him.

As the priest commenced reading the marriage script, he asked Ara, "Do you accept Kim Taehyung as your lawfully wedded husband?" Ara looked at the priest and corrected, "He's not Taehyung; it's..."

However, before she could proceed, an interruption came, "No, it's Kim Taehyung." Ara turned her gaze to the other side, her expression filled with shock. Stepping back, she questioned, "What are you doing here?"

"Why, babygirl? Did you expect anyone else to be here in my place?" Taehyung asked.

Ara looked at him and was about to run back when she was stopped by the guards. She looked back, "Taehyung, stop this, let me go," she said with rage in her voice. "Where, babygirl? Your husband is here," Taehyung replied.