Chapter 21

The next morning, Ara awoke to the cute snoring sounds of Taehyung. Gazing at his sleeping face, she traced her fingertips over his long eyelashes, his button nose, and his soft, plump lips. The memory of the previous night's tender exploration sent a shiver through her body. Sitting up, she realized she was only in her undergarments. In a rush, she stood up and headed into the bathroom.

Meanwhile, Taehyung stirred awake, stretching his arms as he sat up in bed. Glancing over to Ara's side, he found it empty. Hearing the sound of water in the bathroom, he smirked and made his way toward it. Standing near the door, he listened to the hum of a song as the shower turned off. Trying the door, he found it unlocked, and with a smirk, he entered.

Ara's eyes widened as she saw him walk in. Quick to react, she grabbed a robe and covered herself. Taehyung closed the door behind him, smirking as he approached her. Caressing his own hair, he closed the distance, making Ara take a nervous step back. Before she could go any farther, he grabbed her waist, pulling her close.

Looking into her eyes, he greeted her with a smirk, "Good morning, babygirl," and rubbed his nose against hers. Ara placed her hand on his naked chest, replying, "Good morning."

"Did you sleep well, Babygirl?" Taehyung asked, his voice a low, morning rasp.

Ara blushed, avoiding his gaze, "Uh, hmm......  Did you ?"

He chuckled, "Much better when you're around."

Ara's cheeks turned a shade redder and avoid his gaze.

He tilted her chin up with his finger, "Why are you blushing, baby?... Did you remember something?" while moving closer to her face, his smirk growing.

Ara's cheeks grew even redder with his words when he slowly started to move his hand down from her waist to her butt and grabbed it. Ara looked at him in shock with wide-open eyes, but without hesitation, he came close to her ears, "Do you want to take one more shower... with me?"

Ara pushed him away and ran out, leaving him laughing out loud at her reaction. Ara came out, slapping her cheeks with her hands to snap out of her thoughts.

Ara quickly got ready and went directly downstairs to the kitchen where the maid was already preparing something for breakfast. The maid greeted her, and Ara smiled, wishing her a good morning. She offered to help, and together, they prepared a delicious meal for Taehyung, even packing a lunch for him.

As they were finishing up, Ara heard footsteps coming down. Taehyung entered the kitchen, and their eyes met. He winked at her, and the maid, catching the moment, left them alone with a shy smile.

Taehyung grinned, "What's cooking babygirl?" he teased, looking at the spread of food on the table.

"Something good after all, you're going to stay away from me for a long time," she said.

She made him sit on the chair and served him the food, letting him eat. Ara sat next to him, watching him with a smile. Taehyung enjoyed the breakfast, smiling and complimenting each bite.

During the meal, someone knocked on the main door. The maid went to check, and Jennie came in with a smile, greeting both Ara and Taehyung. Jennie showed motherly affection, caring for Taehyung like a son.

Meanwhile, Ara walked away towards the bedroom and packed Taehyung's bag. As she looked at his clothes, her eyes welled up, tears dropping on his clothes. Quickly wiping her tears when the door opened, Taehyung came inside. Ara forced a smile, but Taehyung noticed the tear traces on her face. He rushed towards her, holding her face between his hands, and asked what happened.

"What happened, babygirl?" he asked, concerned.

She shook her head, trying to hold back tears, and he gently lifted her face, looking into her eyes. "Babygirl, what happened? If something's wrong, tell me," he urged.

Struggling not to cry, she hugged him tightly, breaking into his embrace. "I can't stand being away from you," she admitted.

"I don't want you to go," she added, breaking the hug.

Taehyung looked at her, cupping her face. "The mission scares me. I feel like..." Ara expressed her concern.

He assured her, "I promise I'll finish the work as soon as possible and come back within a month. I won't let anything happen to me," hugging her again.

Taehyung continued to hold Ara close, his fingers gently tracing comforting patterns on her back. He understood her fears, and he wanted to reassure her.

He broke the hug pressing a soft kiss on her forehead. Ara looked up at him, her eyes reflecting a mix of emotions. "I just... I m worry about you. There's so much uncertainty, and it scares me, like last time it was Joy and what if.........." she admitted.

He wiped away a stray tear from her cheek, "I know, baby.... But still we have to keep ourselves strong."

Taehyung gently tilted her chin up, looking deep into her eyes. " I'll always come back to you without anything happening to me. No distance can change what we have," he assured her.

With a tender smile, he added, "And hey, I'll bring you something special when I return. A little piece of my journey, just for you."

Ara managed a small smile through her tears, appreciating his efforts to comfort her. "You better come back with all your limbs intact, mister," she teased, trying to lighten the mood.

Taehyung chuckled, "I promise, not a scratch. Now, let's cherish the time we have together before I leave." He pecked her lips and kissed again on her forehead.

As they were in the room, Jennie approached, calling out to Taehyung. Slowly opening the door, her eyes fell on both of them in a comforting embrace. A warm smile formed on her lips as she observed the affection shared between Taehyung and Ara. Carefully closing the door, she left the room with silent steps, giving them their private moment.

Jennie returned, playfully calling Taehyung's name, "Taehyung... Taehyung." She chuckled, and Ara joined him as they headed downstairs together.

Taehyung, now with his bag, took a seat on the couch, facing the men in black coats—his guards. He instructed them to stay at the mansion 24/7, emphasizing the importance of protecting Jennie and Ara. He warned them sternly, making it clear that any harm to any of them would result in severe consequences. After ensuring their commitment, he shared a sweet hug with his sister and planted a forehead kiss on Ara before finally walking out.

Taehyung stepped out, and Ara handed him the lunch she prepared with a warm smile. He walked towards the waiting car, where Jimin and Jungkook were already seated. Casting one last glance back, he locked eyes with Ara through the window, mouthing, "I love you."

Ara waved him a heartfelt goodbye, her eyes conveying a mix of love and concern. Jennie stood beside her, silently offering support as they watched Taehyung leave. As the car gradually disappeared from view, Ara closed the door. Jennie turned to her, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder, offering a reassuring smile.

Ara let out a sigh.

Seconds turned into minutes, minutes into hours, and hours into days. Ara continued her routine as she used to—going to the office in the morning and returning home at night. However, something seemed amiss. Skipping breakfast or missing dinner had become a regular occurrence. Jennie observed her each day, feeling a sense of sadness for her. Yet, Jennie always found ways to make Ara happy and lift her spirits.