Chapter 34

In the quiet of the evening, Ara sat by the window, lost in thought as she gazed out at the fading light. Unbeknownst to her, from across the street, Namjoon watched intently through binoculars, his eyes never straying from her figure.

As she enjoyed the tranquility of the moment, suddenly, two muscular arms wrapped around her waist, and a familiar chin rested gently on her shoulder. Ara smiled, placing her hands over his. "How was your day?" she asked softly.

"Hmm, it was good," Taehyung murmured, his eyes closed with a smile on his face.

"And where is Nonna?" he inquired, his voice muffled against her neck.

"She's out with Kia oppa!" Ara responded, a hint of amusement in her voice.

"That means she’ll probably stay at his place tonight," he concluded, then gently turned Ara around to face him.

Ara rested her hands on his chest, looking up into his eyes "Then shall we?" he whispered teasingly.

"What?" Ara raised her eyebrows in feigned surprise.

He leaned in, kissing her softly. "Do something dirty that excites you," he murmured, pulling her closer by her waist and resting his hand suggestively.

Ara wrapped her arms around his neck, her smile widening. "No," she replied, her voice laced with laughter, pushing back playfully against his flirtatious advances.

Taehyung chuckled at her playful refusal, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "You're sure? We have the house to ourselves," he teased, brushing a stray lock of hair from her face.

Ara shook her head, her smile soft and affectionate. "I'm sure. Let's just enjoy some quiet time together. We don't get that often, you know?"

He nodded, his expression softening. He kissed her forehead gently and then led her to the couch. They sat down side by side, Taehyung pulling a blanket over them.

As they settled in, Ara leaned her head on his shoulder. "It's nice, just like this. You and I, no distractions."

Taehyung wrapped an arm around her, drawing her close to his side. Ara looked up at him, her eyes shining with affection. Gently, Taehyung brushed his fingers along her cheek. "Would you like something to drink?" he asked.

Ara nodded, her smile widening as he kissed her forehead. Standing, Taehyung made his way to the kitchen.

He selected two glasses from the cupboard—one for grape juice and the other for red wine. Pouring the drinks, he balanced the wine in his right hand and the juice in his left, then returned to where Ara was waiting on the couch.

Handing her the glasses, he said, "Let me change quickly," to which she nodded, taking both glasses from him.

Taehyung selected some comfortable lounge wear and slipped it on while Ara waited for him, holding the glasses. Once changed, he returned and sat next to her on the couch. Ara extended the left glass towards him, but he gently corrected her, "Give me the right one; it's red wine. The left one with grape juice is for you."

Ara smiled and handed him the correct glass. Just then, Taehyung's phone rang, disrupting the quiet moment.

Taehyung glanced at the caller ID before turning his attention back to Ara, who encouraged him to take the call with a smile. He reciprocated the gesture and answered, "Hello?"

As Taehyung conversed on the phone, Ara observed him, occasionally taking sips of her drink. However, she soon noticed an odd taste and voiced her confusion aloud. Setting his glass aside, Taehyung wrapped his free arm around Ara's waist, prompting her to lean into his shoulder as she continued to drink.