Chapter 17

Jennie, seated on the plush couch, perused a magazine when her eyes lit up at the sight of Ara descending the staircase in a stunning dress. Ara joined Jennie on the couch, and a warm smile spread across Jennie's face.

"You're looking beautiful," Jennie complimented with genuine admiration.

Ara returned the smile, and when Jennie suggested, "Shall we go now?" Ara glanced upstairs, pleading with her eyes for just five more minutes.

Jennie chuckled and resumed her magazine, turning pages with interest. Ara, fidgeting with her bracelet, couldn't help stealing glances at the staircase.

Soon, Ara looked up, and there was Taehyung, descending in a black T-shirt, engrossed in his phone. As he settled on the couch, Jennie teased, "Yeah, moron."

Taehyung, startled, retorted, "Yeah, what?"

Jennie pointed to Ara, "This girl over here is waiting for you patiently, and you, moron..."

With Jennie holding Ara's hand, they headinf out when Ara stole a glance at Taehyung, offering him a shy smile as she walked beside Jennie. Meanwhile, Taehyung, with a subtle nervous gesture of rubbing the back of his neck, followed behind them.

As they exited the property, Ara took a seat next to Jennie in the back, and Taehyung assumed the role of the chauffeur, occasionally stealing glimpses of Ara through the rearview mirror while driving and smiling.

Taehyung brought the car to a halt in front of a grand boutique. Jennie swiftly exited and stood by the entrance, followed by Ara, who alighted from the car and stood beside her. The two of them ventured inside, leaving Taehyung momentarily alone. He stood there, momentarily awestruck, taking in the elegance of the boutique.

Eventually, he joined them, finding Jennie engrossed in conversation with a staff member. Seating himself on a nearby couch, Taehyung immersed himself in his phone, attending to pressing emails. Meanwhile, Jennie curated a selection of bridal dresses, urging Ara to try them one by one.

Ara, with a hint of nervousness, entered the changing room and emerged in the first dress. Jennie, with admiration in her eyes, commented, "This looks pretty good on you." Ara responded with a shy smile, and her gaze unintentionally drifted towards Taehyung, who was absorbed in his phone. Expressing a subtle pout, she returned to the changing room for subsequent dress trials.

After trying each dress, Ara finally adorned the chosen one. She looked at herself in the mirror, a radiant smile gracing her face. Stepping out of the room, she caught Jennie's astonished gaze.

"Wow!" Jennie exclaimed, her eyes sparkling as she approached Ara. Meanwhile, Taehyung, still immersed in his emails, perked up at Jennie's exclamation. Glancing towards Ara, a genuinely beautiful smile crept onto his face.

"Damn, she looks so beautiful," he whispered to himself, unconsciously drawn closer to witness the breathtaking sight.

Ara was looking at herself in the mirror, Jennie looked at her and said, "Ara, you look like a dream in this dress."

Ara blushed and thanked Jennie, but her eyes caught Taehyung's gaze in the mirror. He was looking at her with an expression that made her heart flutter.

Jennie noticed the exchange and grinned. "Taehyung, what do you think?" she asked, nudging him playfully.

He looked at Ara and simply said, "She's breathtaking." Ara's blush deepened, and she looked down shyly.

Jennie rested her hand on Ara's shoulder and inquired, "Shall we finalize this dress?" Ara nodded in agreement, and Jennie led her towards the staff member nearby.