Chapter 35

Breaking a glass in his hand, Namjoon vented his frustration, shards falling to the floor with a sharp clatter.

"Hey man, calm down. What's wrong?" Hoseok asked as he walked into the kitchen. Spotting the maid nearby, he nodded towards the mess. "Clean this up, please."

He grabbed Namjoon by the arm, steering him away from the broken glass. "Man, smashing things isn't going to change your situation."

Namjoon turned to face him, his voice rising. "So, you expect me to just sit quietly while they enjoy having sex?!" he shouted.

Hoseok sighed, taking a seat at the kitchen table. "So, you're frustrated because they're together enjoying, and you’re not?" He pulled out his phone, scrolling through it nonchalantly. "I could arrange some company for you if that’s all it takes."

Namjoon's patience snapped. He stood up abruptly, grabbing Hoseok by the collar. "Do you think this is some kind of joke?" he bellowed.

Hoseok’s expression hardened, and his eyes flashed with anger. "Get your hands off me," he commanded, his voice icy and sharp.

Namjoon released his grip, frustration pulsating through him. Namjoon ran a hand through his hair, his features contorted with turmoil. " I just... I can't stand seeing them together."

Hoseok straightened his collar, his expression stern. "You need to get a hold of yourself."

Namjoon, frustrated, stormed into his room and slammed the door shut. Meanwhile, Hoseok remained seated, instructing the maid to bring him a glass of wine.

On the other side of the mansion, Ara and Jennie discovered that Taehyung had left for another country for work. As Taehyung prepared to depart, he bid them a final goodbye before leaving Ara and Jennie behind.

"It's been weeks, and not a single call," Ara murmured to herself, feeling a sense of abandonment.

Sitting alone in the living room, Ara was joined by Jennie. "Hey, Ara," Jennie said, breaking the silence. "I'm heading to his office. Do you want to come along?"

Ara smiled and nodded in agreement, following Jennie to the office. Once there, Jennie  left to attend to her own tasks leaving Ara in Taehyung's cabin.

Alone in Taehyung's office, Ara sat in his chair, leaning back and closing her eyes, lost in her thoughts.

When Ara heard her phone ringing, she eagerly took it out, hoping it might be Taehyung, but her excitement faded when she realized it was just a spam call. Letting out a frustrated sigh, she set the phone aside.

As weeks turned into a month, Ara began to feel increasingly lonely at home. Seeking solace, she decided to resume her job at Taehyung's office with renewed dedication. Every day, she would prepare herself, go to the office, diligently perform her tasks, and then return home.

One evening, Ara arrived home feeling utterly exhausted. She trudged upstairs, only to be intercepted by Jennie. "Hey," Jennie greeted her. "What's wrong?"

Ara, her face betraying her fatigue, replied, "I'm just tired and in need of some rest." Jennie chuckled sympathetically and nodded, allowing Ara to retreat to her room.

Once in her room, Ara stripped off her clothes until she was left in just her underwear. With a long yawn, she flopped onto the bed, hugging a pillow close to her chest. Closing her heavy eyelids, she allowed her body to sink into the comfort of the mattress, finally succumbing to the need for rest.

As Ara drifted into her dreams, her phone on the nightstand suddenly rang, disturbing her peace. With closed eyes, she reached out for it, her movements sluggish with sleep. Grasping the phone, she answered with a sleepy voice, "Hello?"

On the other end of the line, the caller paused at the sound of Ara's voice, before a chuckle emanated from the phone. Ara's breathing soon transformed into soft snores as she fell back into slumber, unaware that the call was still connected.

Meanwhile, the door to Ara's room creaked open, admitting someone into the dimly lit space. Carrying items in hand, the figure set them aside and approached Ara's bedside.

A gentle smile played on the visitor's lips as they leaned down to plant a tender kiss on Ara's forehead before straightening up. Shrugging off their coat, they made their way into the bathroom.

The sound of running water from the shower filled the room, audible to Ara even in her sleepy state, but she lacked the energy to investigate further and simply drifted back into sleep.

Emerging from the bathroom, the figure stepped into the light, revealing their familiar face—it was none other than Taehyung.

He had finally returned from his trip.

Taehyung changed into some comfortable clothes and slid into bed next to Ara, wrapping his arms around her from behind. He noticed her body tensing as she let out a soft groan of discomfort. Glancing over, he saw her clutching a pillow against her stomach, her legs drawn tightly together.

Realizing her pain, he decided just to hold her gently, trying to offer some comfort as he lay down behind her. He attempted to drift off to sleep, basking in her presence, but he found himself distracted. Each time his body pressed closer to hers, a warmth spread through him, intensifying his feelings towards her. He snuggled closer, his breath warming the nape of her neck, feeling an unintentional arousal merely from the proximity. Aware of the situation, Taehyung focused on being a comforting presence, trying to soothe both her discomfort and his own stirred emotions.

The next morning Taehyung emerged from the bathroom, a towel draped around his waist, his hair still damp. He approached the bed where Ara lay, her breathing steady in sleep. Leaning down, he planted gentle kiss on her forehead before sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Hey, sleepyhead," he whispered, brushing a strand of hair away from her face.

Ara stirred slightly, her eyelids fluttering open as she adjusted to the morning light. "Hmm?" she murmured, her voice thick with sleep.

Taehyung smiled down at her. "Did you miss me?"

Ara's drowsy eyes widened in surprise as she fully registered his presence. "T-Taehyung?" she gasped, sitting up abruptly. "You're back!"

He chuckled softly. "Yeah, I'm back. Missed me, didn't you?"

Ara's face broke into a wide grin as she threw her arms around him in a tight hug. "Of course, I did!" she exclaimed, her voice muffled against his chest.

Taehyung wrapped his arms around her, returning the embrace. "I missed you too, Ara," he murmured, pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

They stayed like that for a moment, simply enjoying the comfort of each other's presence. Then, Ara pulled back slightly, looking up at Taehyung "Why didn't you call or text me a single time when you were out??"

Taehyung chuckled, settling back on the bed beside her. "I'm sorry I got busy with some work," he said, motioning for her to come closer. She held her stomach slightly and moved closer to him.

Noticing her discomfort, he asked, "What's wrong?"

Ara, biting her lip, replied, "I...am on...my period." Taehyung pulled her closer, saying, "Then there's no need to hide it from me; after all, I'm your husband," and planted a kiss on her forehead.