Chapter 25

Namjoon, carrying Ara, laid her down in the back seat and took the driver's seat, navigating through the dark streets of the moonless night. His mind was tangled in a web of thoughts. He parked the car in front of a house, gently carrying Ara inside and placing her on the bed. Sitting next to her, he gazed at her unconscious form, memories flooding his mind.

A month ago, in a coffee shop, Namjoon was seated when someone approached. Namjoon glared, "You!! Why are you here?" Hoseok took a seat in front of Namjoon, "Why can't I be here? We are meeting after a long time; you should at least ask for a tea or coffee." The man said, "Hoseok, do you think after what you and Father have done, I will ask you for a glass of water?"

Hoseok smirked, and Namjoon continued, "You've destroyed our lives. Because of you and Father, we've all suffered. Ara..." Before Namjoon could delve deeper, Hoseok interjected, changing the topic, "Let's leave the past behind. The only thing that matters to you now is Ara, the girl you love the most." Namjoon's concern intensified, "Ara! Where is she?"

"Calm down, Namjoon!! She is fine...." Hoseok smirked.

"Where is she, Hoseok??? Don't you hurt her again; she is already struggling with her own pain inside," Namjoon said.

"I won't, Namjoon!!!! She is no longer our target; rather, she is in safe hands now," Hoseok said.

Namjoon looked at him tensely when Hoseok continued, "I have arranged everything for her to regain her memories."

"Hoseok, just stop playing with her and tell me where she is," Namjoon said.

"Don't worry, brother; she is safe with her soon-to-be-husband, Taehyung. Being with him can bring back all her memories," Hoseok whispered.

"Stop this nonsense, Hoseok," Namjoon tensed.

"Why, Namjoon? Don't you want her to be with Taehyung? Or... don't want her memories to come back?" Hoseok whispered.

Namjoon sat near her and recalled all the incidents that happened a month ago. He looked back at Ara and caressed her head.

After an hour, Ara finally opened her eyes and found herself in an unfamiliar surrounding. She sat on the bed, feeling a sharp pain in her temple. Holding her head between her hands, she tried to calm down the pain when Namjoon entered, "Hey! Are you alright?" Namjoon approached with a tense expression.

"Yeah, it's just a headache," Ara replied.

Namjoon smiled at Ara and sat down near her.

Meanwhile, Taehyung stood on the balcony, gazing at the dark sky, tears visibly in his eyes. Jennie entered, "Tae!" She looked around the room but couldn't find him until she noticed the balcony door was open. She went out and saw Taehyung standing there.

"Tae! Why are you standing out so late?" she asked.

Taehyung just looked at her. "Tae, don't think too much; we will find her soon," she said, trying to comfort him.

Taehyung took a deep breath as the heavy night passed. The next day, he found himself sitting on the living room couch when his phone suddenly rang. "Hello, Mr. Kim Taehyung," the caller's voice echoed.

"Who's this?" Taehyung inquired.

"Does that matter more than Ara?" The voice replied.

Taehyung leaned forward, anxiety evident in his eyes. "Ara? Where is she? Who are you, and what do you want?" Fear and nervousness gripped him.

"Oh, relax. Ara is completely fine. I thought you were smart enough to understand your task, but no, I was wrong," the caller chuckled.

"What do you mean? And who the fuck are you?" Taehyung's voice grew louder.