Morning

The next morning, Meredith wakes up first. She uses the bathroom and starts to deal with the babies. At 9:15, Eric wakes up and starts to get ready for the day. At 9:30, Mrs. Hodge comes over with 2 suitcases and 1 box. Eric shows her to her room upstairs. It was the first door on the right. By 10:00, Mrs. Hodge's stuff is moved into her room. Then Eric says goodbye and leaves to go to his job interview at Henry's Mechanics. At 10:30, Meredith gets a phone call.

It's the police.

Meredith hands Elena over to Mrs. Hodge and answers the phone. "Hello?" says Meredith in a shaking voice, as she walks into the kitchen.

"Is this Meredith Dove?" say a males voice.

"Yes. It is." says Meredith. 

"We were told to inform you of James Deans release date." Says the officer.

"No. He can't be being released. He just got in like 10 months ago. How could he be... Released." says Meredith in a shaking voice.

"He was bailed by his father, Mr. Deans. If you want to file an order of protection, you can." says the officer.

Meredith says okay and hangs up. Then she crumbles to the ground. Just then Eric walks into the door with a smile on his face. 

"Where is Meredith?" says Eric.

"She got a phone call and went into the kitchen. I heard a thud and then Elena started to cry." says Mrs. Hodge. 

As Eric runs to the kitchen, the smile on his face long gone, he finds her. She is passed out on the kitchen floor. He feels her forehead, and it is hot. He picks her up and carries her through the dinning room and into the living room. "She is burning up. I am going to the hospital on Main Street. Call Mr. Dove, please, Mrs. Hodge." says Eric.

"You go. I got everything covered here." says Mrs. Hodge. 

"Thanks!" says Eric as he runs out of the house.