24. 1 step forward, 3 steps back

Seonghwa

"Joong wait!" I let out screaming, hoping he would stop running from me.

It's been a few minutes of me chasing him in the university. We never spoke properly after everything fell apart last semester. So when I spotted him earlier in the corner while I was heading to the pool, I knew what I had to do. The competition could happened without me but not this chance to finally explain myself to him. When I saw that Hongjoong had that look on his face when he looked at me. I knew exactly what he was thinking of me and I needed to change that.

"What?" He finally says, turning around to face me in the hallway. His eyebrows are furrowed and the madness in his expression gives it all away. I stop my little run, surprised he actually stopped to listen to me. 

"I think you deserve some explanations," I breathe out looking at Hongjoong in the eyes trying to find some form of compassion in his sight, but there was none. 

Cold as ice. 

"Explanations for what?" He asks acting oblivious.

"Don't act like you don't know," I let out feeling bitter by his attitude.

"I actually would like a refresher," he says, almost with a smirk on his face, taunting me. I roll my eyes in annoyance. Hongjoong only wants me to feel even more guilty than I already am about this. 

I hate it because it's actually working on me.

I sigh. "You know... for rejecting you at my house that night," I admit biting my lower lip in regret.

***

Hongjoong

I'll be there in 15 minutes.

I'm so excited to finally meet your parents!

See you xx

I read his text three times before answering. I know he is going to kill me for canceling again so I press the button send as fast as I can before changing my mind. 

Seonghwa

They couldn't make it tonight.

We'll have to reschedule.

Sorry about that, have a nice evening xx

I close my phone and fall on my bed. I feel like shit for changing our plan last minute. He must think he did something wrong and that I don't want to see him. 

It's the fifth time I have done this in a month, he will eventually get tired of my excuses and I will get tired of making them up. It needs to change or he would start thinking that there is something wrong with me. 

***

Someone knocked on the front door. 

"Are you getting it, darling?" My mother asks me from the kitchen. "It must be the pizza."

"Yes Mom,"  I answer her while standing up to get the door. But when I opened it, it was not the pizza delivery guy that I saw. 

"Hi," the new coming says while my heart does a flip in my chest. 

Hongjoong is standing in front of me wearing a nice coat, red hair lick back, and a warm smile on his face. He looks stunning, breathtaking. Having him like that makes me want to kiss him already.