Chapter 3

The morning sun eventually rose and woke up Neuvillette. When he does get sleep he normally wakes up early with the sun. He got out of bed and stretched before leaving his room and going downstairs to the bathroom to take a nice steamy shower, forgetting that someone was still sleeping on the couch.

The door closing to the bathroom woke wriothesley. He let out a grunt and opened one eye, remembering where he was at. He stayed laying on the couch for a few extra minutes before raising up and running a hand through his hair and standing up. Surely Neuvillette wouldn't mind him making morning tea to get him woken up before going back to meropide.

As Neuvillette was finally done with his shower, he wrapped a white robe loosely around his body, and exited the bathroom. When he walked out the smell of green tea hit him. He looked around for the source and saw Wriothesley sitting at the kitchen table with a book in one hand and tea in the other, sipping on it.

"Good morning, Neuvillette." Wriothesley said while peeking over the book, then back down to it, not actually reading anything of the words on it. But he kept on taking peeks at Neuvillette in his loose robe.

Neuvillette fixed his robe slightly to not show his chest as much as it did before. "I thought you would have been gone by now."

"Its time for people to go to work, and that means a crowd. I'm just gonna wait a tad longer." Wriothesley took another drink of tea, "Would you like some?" He asked Neuvillette.

Neuvillette shook his head and turned to the stairs, "No thank you. I'm going to get ready for the day." He said and went up the stairs.

After Neuvillette was back in his room he felt embarrassed that wriothesley had to see him like this, he also felt embarrassed about the book that wriothesley was reading, it was one about the Sovereigns. Even though that most of the facts in that book was mostly myths it embarrassed him to know that people think some of the most diabolical things about them.

He took in a deep breath and untied his robe. It slipped off of his shoulders and onto the floor and he put on a clean set of clothes.

Wriothesley was finished with his tea, but he was still at the table reading when Neuvillette came back down from getting dressed. He sat down beside of Wriothesley, taking glances at the book.

Wriothesley realized Neuvillette was eyeing the book and spoke, "Not the first time reading it. I've read it before when I was an inmate. I actually read quite a few books about dragons."

Neuvillette choked a little out of surprise. So how much does he know? "Really now?"

"I've always been kinda fond of dragons growing up. My older sister would tell bedtime stories to the younger ones, and somehow there would be a dragon "guarding" the princess. No, it's protecting her from being kidnapped by a guy in all gray that broke in." Wriothesley then took a deep breath. "What if the princess doesn't want to be saved. Why have to kill the poor dragon trying to do its job. Has no one thought about how the dragon feels? It probably has a family, friends, a life, or probably wants a life other than protecting someone that probably doesn't want to be protected most of the time. They deserve better." Oh, he was in deep about this and couldn't continue on.

Without even saying a word, Wriothesley said what Neuvillette felt. He wants a life other than protecting the "princess", in his case Fontaine, furina, from being taken away by the knight. The rising waters of primordial sea.

Neuvillette suddenly cleared his throat, "I don't mean to cut then conversation short, but it's a Monday and that means a fresh set of paperwork."

Wriothesley's let out a groan while standing up, "I understand. Better do the paperwork now then later, but probably for you it's never ending." He joked but Neuvillette took it seriously.