Chapter 16

I wrote this chapter before I turned my autocorrect off, theres so many things that it changed and i had to go back and correct 😭

After that one night Wriothesley went back to his room expecting to see Neuvillette, and possibly make a move on him, but to his surprise Neuvillette was gone, only a note sat in his place.

Wriothesley was more then disappointed that he didn't even get to walk him out, or to say goodbye, he didn't even stop at his office to say he was even leaving. But he fears that he understands, he himself tried doing the same thing after Neuvillette's heat. He fears that he might have accidentally done something to make him leave.

Wriothesley sat down on the bed where the clothes and coat that he lended to Neuvillette was neatly folded with the note on top. He picked the note up and unfolded it.

"Dear Wriothesley

While you were in a meeting Sigewinne had brought me a important message from Sedene that needed my immediate attention.

-Neuvillette."

Wriothesley felt worried, it must have been very important for Sedene to call him in on one of his rare breaks. If he wanted help Wriothesley would have helped him too.

As much as Wriothesley wanted to ask Sigewinne about the letter, there was a chance since Neuvillette didn't share that information in the letter that it was top secret. And surely he wouldn't lie about something for him to leave, right?

~-~

Neuvillette flopped down on in his bed with a groan. He just lied to Wriothesley, and he hates himself for it.

When Wriothesley placed Neuvillette down on his bed he woke up but didn't move or say anything, just hoping that he would fall back asleep quickly. Then Wriothesley kissed him and told him that he loved him. Leaving Neuvillette to stay awake for most of the night and the rest of the day, pasting back and forth in thoughts. And so he panicked and left without a word, scared to reveal that he was actually awake.

At the same time Neuvillette felt relieved, happy even, that Wriothesley feels the same way about him. Once again a horrible thought had to ruin this moment. What if when Neuvillette reveals what he is and his hybrid form, would Wriothesley be scared or disgusted?

Neuvillette groaned, he himself knew he was acting like a overthinking teenage girl, and he needed to stop. He raised up and looked over to his home desk to see if he brought anything home to work on to distract himself with. And nothing. He had nothing to distract himself with.

He laid back down on the bed and continued to stare up at the ceiling. Wriothesley actually liked him back. Neuvillette smiled, even if he was a dragon and Wriothesley is human, they can make it work, and maybe he could mark Wriothesley and get him to be by his side forever.

No, that was too much. Wriothesley wouldn't want to be immortal. To watch everyone he loves die. Neuvillette, himself knows the pain, that's why one of the reasons he decided in the first place to not make personal connections, because he will lose them too. Like Wriothesley's mere mortal self, unless...

~-~

Neuvillette ended up not seeing Wriothesley for two weeks after that. Everything quickly and stressfully happened. Thankfully with the help of Wriothesley and Clorinde holding the primordial sea back until he got there to put it back, that's when he finally saw him after those two long and thought filled weeks, but it felt like a quick second then he instantly left, even if Wriothesley invited him for tea, and he regretted it deeply.

Neuvillette walked back and forth in his office, not knowing what to do. He wanted to talk with Wriothesley but he was most likely busy calming down the inmates and making up lies on what really happened. Neuvillette himself felt lied to also, Wriothesley never told him what was happening in the bottom of the fortress, if maybe if he had this wouldn't have happened. And it has been three days since that happened, and neither of them has seen each other once again.