Chapter 21

^if the picture shows, this is what me and the gf came up with for the smut^

I have been trying to write this chapter for 3 weeks now, and the end is very rushed because i finished it days before posting it😭 Anyways taking a break for a few weeks after this one, its a long one :3

Soon as everything in meropide was situated, Wriothesley's random worry became more. The traveler and paimon was free now, they weren't in Meropide anymore, when they were, they gave Wriothesley comfort in the fact that he could stay in his office a bit more then usual, but since they left, something was different, that protected feeling was gone.

Neuvillette was coming back later then he should have been, even when Neuvillette came back home he was still doing his job, unlike usual since he's been in meropide. Wriothesley realized he was doing more then he should be doing, he even brought a stack of books and documents back.

Wriothesley asked about it, Neuvillette said it was for a very important trial that was coming up. That trial ended up being Furina's he soon found out after all of Fontaine flooded. Of course, something else happened and Neuvillette didn't tell him for his "safety" he says. That ended up with the two of them getting into another argument as before.

It was two days since the incident, they hadn't seen each other. Neuvillette felt guilty once more, but that wasn't the reason he hadn't seen Wriothesley in days. Work was once more backed up, and he knew Wriothesley was busy too. They both had to be in their designated places.

Fontaine was basically turned upside down now, everyone was freaking out, furina was no longer archon, Neuvillette got his full powers back and he gave the knave the gnosis. His mind couldn't just rest, and he was so stressed about everything and more. So much crime has already happened within the span of two days causing more trials to back up along with his paperwork.

The guilt was eating at Neuvillette, he pulled out a clean sheet of paper and started writing a letter to Wriothesley, apologizing for everything, apologizing for not telling him about the situation, for not seeing him in multiple day's. Neuvillette decided to set up a meeting if Wriothesley wasn't busy, even though it would probably take forever for them to meet next.

As stressful as Wriothesley was, soon as he saw that hand writing, all stress went away. He sat in his chair and read the letter, almost making him cry with how long and thoughtful it was. Like Neuvillette, he was busy, but he was never going to say no to a meeting with him, especially one so important. He decided to set one in a week.

~-~

And a week came by so slow, but the day was here for them to see each other again. Everything was pretty much calmed down, besides the massive amount of paperwork they both have to do taking up their time, but the people of fontaine has calmed down and relaxed, mostly.

Instead of going straight to Neuvillette's office, Wriothesley stopped and got flowers for him in the rain. Maybe some snacks too to cheer him up. It was raining for days straight, he needed more then flowers and snacks.

And after shopping Wriothesley went into the office. Neuvillette was sitting at his desk, buried in some papers, like always.

He took a few steps towards Neuvillette, he was concerned, he's never seen him like this before, literally sweating over paperwork. "It's been raining outside for hours, days even, and I'm freezing wet. Are you okay?"

Neuvillette snapped his head up, He didn't realize Wriothesley was now in front of him talking. He's been so focused work recently he hasn't been paying attention to anything else but work.

"Wrio, your here." He sighed out in relief.

Wriothesley nodded and took a seat in a chair opposite of Neuvilette, placing down the gifts. As soon as he sat down, he glanced at the pile of papers on Neuvillette's desk and at the weather outside the window. He frowned.