21

Taehyung's pov

Lavender.

My nostrils flared up slightly, inhaling the sweet smell emitting from the candle which I lit up minutes ago. My head falls back on the swivel chair, rotating it gently. I can feel my right eye twitching every now and then due to my migraine, and I paid zero attention towards it.

That shit hurts everyday.

My hands reached towards the table, totally dependent on the muscle memory, cooly grabbed the transparent glass filled with espresso which my secretary grabbed earlier. Sipping some sips of the coffee, I signed some more documents which are pending since reviewing takes time.

After signing and checking the documents which are needed for the meeting hosted tomorrow, I left the office throwing the empty cup in the bin.

Exiting the Vante, I nodded towards the security who was the only one apart from me awake in the whole building.

Settling myself in my car, I revved up the engine as I reversed and geared up, exiting the parking lot of the Vante.

The drive from the main headquarters of Vante to our mansion is maximum 45 minutes, and no traffic today made my dull mood a lot better. Today yeontan is alone in the condo, well not alone, there are some cleaners who come every Sunday.

Today is Sunday.

Maneuvering my way through the deserted road, I let my window roll down. A cold and soft Breeze filled up in my car and I sighed heavily inhaling the clean air. My tired eyes fell on the screen of the dashboard, huffing sheepishly I sighed, half past 2.

No wonder why the roads are empty.

This was the reason I never dated before marriage. Two failed relationships and got dumped because of the very same reason, my work. Well it didn't affect me at all---because I was never in love.

It doesn't matter now, because at least Harabeoji is happy to see me married. It was his doings, that resulted in me attending two blind dates and getting an earful when I got dumped. Well, it was not my fault I love my company or the partners were too unemployed.

Rotating the steering, my car entered the compounds of our condo but the constant tapping of my fingers across the wheel halted in an instant when my car came across another car in the driveway.

Exiting my car, my steps halted in front of the newcomer. It was a Lamborghini in a bright yellow colour.

And since the last five months of living here, no one in my knowledge brought the same car, or most importantly owns one. My in-laws belong to the mafia and even though my own husband loves buying new cars, the yellow colour is out of his aesthetics palette.

My brows furrowed as my hand swiftly touched my holster, hidden inside the black coat.

With careful steps, I walked towards the entrance, my hands working automatically dialed a number which I would have never thought of dialing.

Reducing the call volume to minimum, I froze when my phone vibrated silently in my hold, placing it near my ear,

"Are you in Rome right now?" My voice was steady but I'm afraid, he will catch the slight shrill in the pitch of my voice.

"The last time I checked, yes?"

I rolled my eyes, at the crooked reply. Inhaling deeply when my lungs burnt a little--then I realised I was holding my breath.

"Okay-"

"Interrompere la riunione. What happened, Taehyung?"

My breath hitched.