𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖

I stuff a huge bite of sandwich into my mouth, chewing and savoring the burst of flavors that dance on my taste buds

I stuff a huge bite of sandwich into my mouth, chewing and savoring the burst of flavors that dance on my taste buds. It's lunch time and here I am in a canteen, enjoying my food.

As I grab another bite, I feel my phone buzzing beneath my pocket causing me to place the half-eaten sandwich back in its place and take out my phone. "Habib Uncle?" I whisper, staring at my phone screen and in the next moment, I pick up the call.

I am about to speak when his abrupt voice from the end of the call halts me. "Sara, dear, are you available for at least 15 minutes? I'm near your hospital."

I frown. "Umm yes Uncle. I'm coming now." Hanging up the call I shove the remaining sandwich into my mouth hastily and leave from there. Walking out I cast my eyes around only to notice him waiting for me outside the hospital.

Just as his eyes settle on me, a slight smile forms at the corner of his lips. My eyes flick to the watch on my wrist, scrutinizing. However, a sigh of relief escapes my lips, realizing I still have plenty of time.

I walk with Habib Uncle to a nearby park."You have something important to talk to me, Uncle?" I ask as I place myself next to him on a bench.

He nods slowly. "Your dad must have talked to you about it."

THAT'S IT! I KNOW WHAT HE IS GOING TO TALK ABOUT

"Uncle, you know I respect you, I care for you with all my heart. But your son? He doesn't even behave well with you, so how can you expect me to be happy with someone like him. I apologize if this truth hurts, but I want to be honest with you." My words carry a mix of politeness and offense, making it clear how deeply I am affected by this decision.

"Sara, it's not what you think," he replies as if there is something big hiding behind those words. "I don't think I've observed something wrong," I reply.

"Please, my daughter, listen to me. Aryan is not the person you think he is. He's not like that. I'm the reason for what he is now..." His words leave me speechless, silence filling the air as curiosity swirls within me.

"Uncle," I finally speak up, "Is there something I need to know?"

"Aryan's mom and I moved to the USA before Aryan was born. He grew up here, loved his mom dearly. We had a happy family with a thriving business. But when Aryan turned 12, we tragically lost his mother. It happened so suddenly, and we were both unprepared for the pain.

At that time, I couldn't see beyond my own grief. I forgot that Aryan, he was just 12, he had also lost his mother. He... He was just a child, with a heart more fragile than mine.