𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒

I've to say, securing the coveted window seat on our First class flight is quite a stroke of luck

It has been two weeks since my family returned to Bangladesh to start preparations for my wedding. About Habib uncle, he made his way to Bangladesh a few days ago, but he decides to touch down in Dhaka to visit his sister since they haven't seen each other in a while.

Even though my family invited him to come to Chittagong and stay with us, he wanted to spend a few days with his sister in Dhaka.

Since I had to wrap up my schedule, I couldn't join my family, but finally heading to Bangladesh now, just a few days before the wedding. Same goes for Aryan as he was also swamped with work, so here we are, flying together, sitting next to each other.

Soon a voice reverberates through the cabin, signaling that the flight is about to take off. I swiftly check my seat belts, ensuring everything is secure, and gaze out the window, ready to immerse myself in the breathtaking beauty that is waiting for us.

Our wedding is going to be simple, with just the Akht directly followed by the wedding function. No mehedi, No holud, or any additional function, and it is a mutual choice made by both Aryan and me.

Although our families wanted to have all the functions in a grand way, I somehow wanted my wedding to be held simply. However, as per Habib uncle's request, our walima is going to be held back in the US, and I am perfectly fine with it as it is also his son's wedding, and I want him to enjoy and have the freedom to do whatever he wishes for his son's wedding.

Our flight is going to be a whopping 22 hours with a transit in Doha, making it quite a long and distinctly a tiring journey!

It has been approximately 20 minutes since we took off, and neither Aryan nor I have uttered a word. We have been in complete silence, minding our own business.

But a sudden urge makes me look at him, and I find him fully engrossed in his work on the laptop. Tearing my eyes away from him, I shift my gaze to the fluffy clouds outside. But then, I grab my phone and scroll for a few minutes. Feeling restless, I turn on the TV right in front of me and stare blankly at it until I realize I am super bored.

Even though I have flown alone countless times before, I have never felt this bored. Not even when I always had strangers sitting next to me. But here I am, sitting next to my soon-to-be husband, feeling completely annoyed.

Perhaps he is the one who is BORING here.

Shaking my head in pure disappointment, I turn back to grab my neck pillow, knowing that sleeping is my only option at this moment, even though I have terrible experiences trying to sleep on flights. I mean, who in their right mind can actually manage to doze off during these longest journeys and without the comfort of their own beds they leave behind at home!

"If you are planning on leaning on my shoulder to sleep, then let me tell you, these are not gonna work on me."

I turn to Aryan only to stare at him blankly while his focus is still on his laptop screen.