𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

"Thank you, sweetie, for cooperating throughout the whole time

"Thank you, sweetie, for cooperating throughout the whole time. You can wait outside until I have a quick chat with your mom," I say to the girl seated across from me. She smiles slightly, nodding before leaving my office.

Seconds later, a woman steps in, her golden locks mirroring those of her daughter. Oops, it seems I may have misspoken. Perhaps I should say her daughter shares the same beautiful blonde hair as her. She has perfect features, perfect enough to depict how rich she is.

She delicately places her handbag, which must have cost $1,000, on the seat next to her as she settles right across from me.

"Hello, Mrs. Miller, I would like to talk about something important regarding your daughter Emily."

"That's what I am here for, leaving my most important meeting for which I might lose a huge project," she replies, sarcasm or probably exasperation in her voice, which clearly illuminates her irresponsibility towards her own daughter. No wonder Emily is in such a mental state now, all thanks to her mom.

"Throughout the therapy session, I noticed that she wasn't facing any problems, except for the lack of love from her family. I understand that things are not going well between you and your husband, but it's important to keep your issues between the two of you. Please don't involve Emily in them. No matter how many therapy sessions she attends, if she keeps experiencing the same thing, she will continue to be affected. A family has a significant impact on a child's life, shaping them to be responsible or potentially causing negative outcomes. I hope you understand what I'm trying to convey, Mrs. Miller." I end my words with a lot of hope in my eyes, anticipating her to agree.

"I'll try," is all she mutters before grabbing her bag and storming out of my office.

This is what I don't like about some family members of my patients. No matter how hard I try, they will never be ready to acknowledge their own fault. It's always their ego before anything.

I press my body back on my comfy chair. My gaze settled on the name plaque, placed at the front edge of my table. "Psychologist Sara Zafar"

I remember the time I was so excited to start a new journey in California and so was my family. But once I arrived, everything felt so unfamiliar. New faces, new places. It was like stepping into a whole new world, feeling completely lost without a clue where to go.

After completing my studies in California I decided to make my move to New York. Starting my career as a psychologist in New York felt like the best option for me.

But there are moments when my heart yearns for the warm embrace of my loved ones. I miss my family. It's like I haven't seen them in ages, even though it's only been four months since my last trip to Florida.

Although nothing has changed within me, except for one thing. I have become more reticent. I'm not that cheerful, livly Sara anymore.

Perhaps it is because I have spent many years here away from my family, without the companionship of close friends. The absence of my family, who lovingly tolerated my childlike antics, has somehow instilled a sense of maturity and seriousness within me.