𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗

"Ma’am can we get a smile"  the cameraman's voice pierces  through the air, reigniting the frustration within me immediately

We find ourselves guided to the beautifully decorated area designated for couple photoshoot outside the hall where our walima is taking place. Stretching my lips, I attempt to smile, trying to mask the annoyance brewing underneath.

"Ma'am, kindly offer a broader smile," this time the cameraman's request stirs a flicker of anger within me, yet I swiftly suppress it, clenching my teeth before responding in a sarcastic tone, "I'm smiling.. Can't you see?”

"Don't smile, you look like a chicken" I glance at Aryan as his words strike my ears. Now the anger I've held inside bursts out, compelling me to pin him with a sharp glare. "Aryan Kabir., when you gonna learn to talk like a normal human, especially with your wife? In case you didn't know, Google exists. Look up how to compliment your wife there."

"I wasn't complimenting you anyway," he says the words without a shred of hesitation in his voice. This time, I flash him a slight smile. "I'll smile as much as I want  and I couldn't care less what you think" 

Looking back at the cameraman I spread my lips widely showing the happiest smile of mine as if I have just won the freaking lottery, and I want the whole world to know it.

As my gaze returns to Aryan, I catch his sharp smirk aimed at me. "What's with that smirk!" I whisper, ensuring only he can hear me. However, he remains silent, allowing the smirk to linger on his lips.

Soon, my eyes widen as I realize he's done this intentionally to make me smile in front of the camera.

"Ma'am and sir, please come closer," the cameraman's voice diverts my attention from Aryan. Before I can react, I feel a hand behind me, and in the next moment, I'm pulled into Aryan's arms.

"Yes, perfect, stay like this!" the cameraman exclaims before starting to take pictures.

Being in such close proximity to Aryan suddenly makes me nervous. His intense stare, the way we are practically breathing the same air, sends a weird electric shock through my whole body. Slowly but surely, I'm growing used to how his piercing gaze and mere presence have the ability to evoke a storm of emotions within me. It’s as if he held some kind of power over me with just a single look.

"All good! Thanks. Now you can go back to the hall" I pull away from Aryan when the cameraman's voice suddenly interrupts me. I watch them walking back to the hall, leaving me and Aryan alone there.

I quickly shift my focus back to Aryan as they exit, forcing a smile. Before he can react, I pinch his cheek, turning his face to meet mine. He looks at me, grimaced, evoking a smirk of satisfaction on my face. "This is what you get for tricking me" I quip.

Suddenly, I feel his tight grip on my wrist, and in the next moment, I am dragged to a nearby wall and pinned against it by him. "What is wrong with you, huh!" He yells with his sharp glare.