𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖

I grab my phone to check my schedule for the day as I walk out of my closet, all set for work.

I make my way towards the window and pull back the curtains, allowing myself to enjoy beautiful scenery outside that was hidden behind it.

As I hear the approaching footsteps, I glance up and catch sight of Aryan coming out of his closet area, perfectly dressed for work.

"Seems like you're in quite a rush," I say, sliding my phone into my pocket.

He doesn't offer a response, but I can hear him mumbling to himself while frantically searching for something. "How did I manage to oversleep today?"

My hands instinctively make their way to hide behind me as I press my lips, trying to supress the smile that's forming on my lips, remembering how peacefully he slept in my arms last night.

I cast my eyes around and just as I spot his phone I pick it up and walk over to him. "Are you perhaps looking for this?" I ask, holding up the phone.

His gaze falls upon my hand, which clutches his phone, before returning to meet my eyes. "Thanks," he utters, swiftly retrieving the phone from my grasp.

Okay, this is the first time he thanked me. Genuinely.

There is a flicker of nervousness in his eyes as if he has yet to extricate himself from the situation in which he had found himself this morning.

Stealing one last glance at me, he is about to leave when I abruptly call out. "Aryan!"

He stops and turns back at me with confusion etched on his face. My fingers ball into fists as I try to muster up all the courage I have.

He watches my every step towards him until I stand before him, looking directly into his eyes that hold a mesmerizing shade of gray. His eyebrows raise, silently imploring me to speak my mind.

But instead of words, there is something else I want.

I tilt my head downward and take a deep breath before meeting his gaze once again. I gesture for him to lean in but he doesn't seem to get my cue, "What?" he asks.

Not wasting a moment, I gently tug on his tie, pulling him closer and before he realizes the situation I plant a kiss on his cheek. "Have a good day" I whisper and notice his eyes widening in surprise. He is still frozen in his spot, unable to process what just happened.

"You must be getting late" I say once again and this time he seems to come back to his senses. He parts his lips to voice his words, but then hesitates and closes them again before silently walking out of the room, leaving me giggling behind.

After making sure I'm all ready for work, I walk downstairs only to notice Habib uncle sitting on the dining table with breakfast placed on the table. He glances up at me and smiles, "Hey daughter, Good Morning." I smile back. "Good Morning Uncle... Oops, Sorry, I mean Dad."

Soon he chuckles. "It's okay, it's okay Daughter. Take it slow. Anyways, Come, sit. Let's eat breakfast." Nodding at him, I take a seat across from him at the table. "Umm where are Fufi and Fufa?"

"They went out for a walk to explore New York City," he replies, munching on his food. "By the way, Aryan seems in a hurry. He didn't even have breakfast. Is everything alright?" He asks all of a sudden, bringing  a smile to my lips.