𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎

I press the doorbell as I patiently stand in front of Aryan's house, anticipating the sound of footsteps approaching the door

I press the doorbell as I patiently stand in front of Aryan's house, anticipating the sound of footsteps approaching the door. Soon the door opens, revealing Habib uncle. His eyes flashes with sudden surprise as if it is quite unexpected for him to see me at this hour. Well....it is unexpected actually. No doubts.

"Assalamu alaikum Uncle"

"Wa alaikum assalam," his eyes remains drowned in surprise. "Come sit daughter"

"Umm...no..actually... "

"Do you have anything important to say?"

"Is Aryan home?" I ask, my voice filled with a hint of curiosity. His eyes sparkle with a glimmer of hope, and I know exactly what he wants, but I choose to keep it unspoken. "Yes, indeed, he is!" he exclaims, a wide smile spreading across his face, unable to contain his joy.

"Actually, Aryan left his watch at my place that day, so I'm here to return his watch," I carefully slip the watch out of my bag to hand it to him, but it seems like he has other plans. "Oh, why don't you give it to him? He is upstairs."

"Umm, you sure?" I ask once again, flashing an awkward grin. "Yes, yes, go ahead!"

With a nod of agreement, I begin my ascent up the stairs. I had plans to return the watch to Aryan the next day after what went down that night at the beach.

But, these past two days have been hectic, leaving me with little time to make my way here. Nevertheless, I manage to carve out a moment after wrapping up my work, even though it's pretty late at night. I just don't want to hold onto his watch any longer!

Finally after a lot of confusion I find my way to his room. I take a deep breath and knock it.

"Come in," just as I hear Aryan's voice, I gently twist the doorknob and push the door, making an entrance for myself.

I watch him placing an empty glass along with a small pill bottle on the bedside table before turning towards me.

A thin line appears between his eyebrows as he completely faces me. "You? What are you doing here?" My eyes sweep to the pill box laying over the side table before darting back to him. "I was here to return your watch." I step further while he remains in his place.

I cast my eyes around the room, which is slightly dark, simple yet luxurious. The walls are painted with deep hues of charcoal gray, giving the room that mysterious allure.

The lighting of the whole room is a mixture of golden and warm white. Low... moody, casting intriguing shadows across the room.