𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏

I close the door to my apartment, my back colliding with its solid surface

My mind is blank. Totally blank. 

I make my way towards the kitchen driven by an instinctive need for something to calm my racing heart. 

I know I need a swig of cold water from the fridge to help me chill out. Chugging the water down my throat, I let my eyes seal shut for a solid minute. They remain tightly closed.
Still closed.

I clasp my face with the palm of my hand, leaning down onto the kitchen island, my elbow propped on top. Silence envelopes the kitchen as I try to process everything that has just happened, attempting to make sense of the words that have escaped my lips.

What have I just done?

I agreed to marry him?

Him?

Aryan Kabir?

I agreed to be his wife?

Oh! Look at my confidence when I declared to him that 'We.are.getting.married!'

Look at my confidence when I boldly informed his dad to begin the preparations for our wedding!

I never imagined I would become so vulnerable to him that I would be willing to do whatever it takes to alleviate the pain he is going through. 

⋆。 。⋆ -'♡´- ⋆。 。⋆

Gazing up at the blue, clear sky in the morning, I begin the day with a wide grin on my face. The world around me bustles with activity, as mothers hurriedly usher their children off to school and workers scurry to their jobs. And I make my way to my favorite cafe.

As I walk in, the familiar aroma of freshly brewed coffee welcomes me. There's something undeniably special about sipping coffee in your favorite cafe on a lovely, sun-kissed morning.

As I approach the counter, all of a sudden my eyes catch a familiar figure standing next to me.

Aryan. 

Sensing my sudden presence his gaze swiftly turns towards me, a frown etching his brow. 

Wait. Why do I feel like this is funny!? 

Somehow suppressing my smile, I steal a glance back at the girl, who meets my gaze with a slight smile.

Does she remember about that day?