𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟒

There are a few moments in my life that I have come across and found quite amusing

There are a few moments in my life that I have come across and found quite amusing. But the scene unfolding before me now undoubtedly claims the top spot. Here I am, perched on the chaise lounge chair by the window, arms folded, observing Sara as she glides around the room, pretending to be busy while sneaking some quick glances in my direction.

She fusses over the things on the dressing table, even though they were already in perfect order. And just like before, my eyes stay fixed on her, clearly having an impact on her too.

Suddenly she halts and turns to meet my gaze. A brief silence envelops us before she breaks it. "Aren't you heading to work? It's getting late,"

"I'm tied up with something important right now, I can leave later," I respond, ensuring my focus remains on her. She looks puzzled, her eyebrows knitting together. "What do you mean? What important work do you have here now?"

A faint smile tugs at the corner of my lips. "Obviously watching you."

I notice a hint of nervousness creeping into her expression. She presses her lips together tightly, a subtle blush painting her cheeks. This absolutely has to be my most favorite view!

"Why are you behaving differently today?" I inquire suddenly, feigning innocence despite knowing the answer. She remains silent, avoiding my gaze.

"Wait..Is it because we kissed last night?" I probe, waiting for her reaction. This time, her eyes meet mine instantly. "It wasn't 'We'. It was only you" she responds.

"It was definitely 'We'. You kissed me back," I assert confidently. She lets out a sigh, her gaze wandering before returning to me. "I should head to work now,"

I observe her as she swiftly grabs her handbag and starts to leave, but just as she's about to go, I call out to her. "Aren't you forgetting something, Sara?"

Her steps come to a halt as my question catches her attention, prompting her to glance back at me. I meet her gaze, noticing the puzzled expression on her face as she sets her bag down on the bed and takes a few steps closer to me. "Am I?" she asks. Her expression clearly reveals her confusion, like she has no clue about what I'm hinting at..

I raise my brows, locking eyes with her, silently urging her to grasp my words. However, her expression stays fixed, indicating she's still not getting what I'm trying to convey.

I gently take her hand, guiding her to sit beside me. My hand finds its place on the chair's backboard, my arm grazing her shoulder. "It's a shame you can't remember the routine you made," I whisper and finally, she realizes my words. I turn my cheek towards her, expecting her to act on what she now comprehends.

I feel her tension rising again as she stays put, unmoving. Slowly, she edges closer to me, planting a soft kiss on my cheek. Without a word, she swiftly pulls back. I gaze at her, noticing the same nervousness in her expression. Extending my hand, I give her a pat on the head. "I have to leave now."