𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑

I sit in front of my family and Habib Uncle, with Aryan right next to me

I sit in front of my family and Habib Uncle, with Aryan right next to me. I smile, taking a moment to observe each person in front of me, one by one. Mom, dad, Samir Bhaiya, Aleena, Raisa Bhabi, Sahil Bhaiya, Uncle Habib.

"Well, Sara, my daughter, you have no idea how happy I am right now that you have finally agreed to marry Aryan," my dad voices along with a warm smile that flashes across his face. "You just stole my words," Habib uncle adds, and my whole family bursts into laughter. Seeing them so happy today makes me feel complete, and it is everything I could ever hope for.

"Okay so, we're gathered here at my place for Sara and Aryan's engagement." Habib uncle announces, capturing our attention. "Although I envisioned a grand celebration, Sara and Aryan wanted a small and simple celebration with just close family members. So here we are, and now lets not delay anymore"

My dad chuckles at Habib uncle's words. "You're absolutely right.... Aleena and Raisa, my dears, please bring forth the ring." As they carefully retrieve the ring from a box, I watch Habib uncle reach into his pocket and take out another ring box before handing it to Raisa bhabi and Aleena.

With a forced smile on my face, I edge a little closer to Aryan, yet maintaining a subtle distance, while my gaze remains fixed on my family. "Act happy, Mr Kabir. I don't want anyone to notice your coldy face"

"Whatever" is all that comes out of his mouth. Ignoring him, I sweep my eyes to Aleena who walks towards us with two rings placed beautifully on a platter in her hands.

The sound of everyone's cheers gradually amplifies within my hearing as Aleena stands in front of us with the ring, alarming us that it is time to exchange rings. "Aryan dear, take the ring and put it on her finger" My eyes turn to my mom as we heae her voice.

Returning my gaze back at Aryan, I see him slowly reaching out for the ring and taking it in his hand before looking at me. I'm nervous all of a sudden... I don't know what is happening inside me. My heart pounds in my chest, anxiety gripping me tightly. A sudden surge of fear courses through my veins, as several thoughts races in my mind.

It's not like I don't want this marriage, but the thought of starting a new life makes me tremble. A deep swallow jumps down my throat as I slowly lift my hand allowing him to put the ring on. Taking my hand in his, he slips the ring on my finger, eliciting cheers from our family.

In an instant, all eyes shift towards me, signaling that it's now my turn. My eyes drift to the ring before turning them back to Aryan. I see him looking at me with his usual cold eyes. My hands ball into fists as I take a deep breath before taking the ring and slipping it onto his finger. That's it...we are engaged, tying ourselves in a new relationship.