𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟐

I step into my room, shutting the door behind me

I step into my room, shutting the door behind me. The emptiness amplifies the sound of my footsteps as I scan the room for Sara. I check the time on my watch, and according to her usual routine, she should be back by now. Yet, she is nowhere to be found. But then, I notice her closed closet door. It makes me think that maybe she is in there.

Without dwelling on it, I make my way to my own closet area to change. I loosen my tie, letting out a long breath, instantly feeling more at ease. Grabbing my clothes, I head into the bathroom for a refreshing shower.

I finish my shower and step out. Grabbing my phone I plop down on the bed. But my mind is elsewhere. I haven't seen Sara since I got back, and it's starting to feel strange. I glance up at the closed door again. It's already more than half an hour, and she isn't supposed to be in there for so long.

I tear my gaze away from the closet, my fingers hesitating over the phone.
Should I call her?
The uncertainty gnaws at me, but eventually, I decide to call her.

"Sara?" I call out, but there is no response. "Are you there?" I call again, but all I hear is silence.

I stand up and make my way to her closet, hoping to find her. As I slowly open the door and step inside, I furrow my brows, not finding her there.

I check everywhere, but there is no sign of her. "Sara! Where Are You?!!"

I quickly grab my phone and dial her number.

Ring, ring, ring.

I strain my ears, hoping to hear her familiar voice on the other end of the line, but all I am met with is an unsettling silence. Frustration wells up within me, and I hastily pull the phone away from my ear and redial her number, desperately seeking any sign of her presence. Yet again, no response. I repeat this process several times, each attempt ending in disappointment as the call goes unanswered.

"Where are you?"

I text her, hoping for a swift reply that would ease my growing concern. But the message remains unread. A sudden wave of fear tightens its grip on my chest as I exhaust every possible way to reach her.

My mind races with worry, confusion, and a multitude of questions.
Where could she be?

I know there is only one option left to find out where she is. My fists clench, and I take a deep breath as I make my way to my father's room. The door is already open, and I notice him taking his medicines, unaware of my presence. My words feel stuck in my throat, hesitant to come out in front of him. But I gather my courage and call out, "Dad."

His eyes immediately shoot up to me, as if he has just heard something truly surprising. A wide smile spreads across his lips upon seeing me standing at the door. "Aryan, my son," he exclaims. He slowly walks towards me, the smile still bright on his face. "Yes, you called me?"

I look away, sensing the awkwardness in the air, and then turn my gaze back to my father. "Umm, do you know where Sara is?" I ask.

This time, I see his smile slowly fade, replaced by sudden worry. "Sara? Isn't she with you?"