𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗

Entering my apartment, I toss my bag on the couch and slump myself against a cushion

Entering my apartment, I toss my bag on the couch and slump myself against a cushion. Thoughts keep wandering in my mind with no sense of direction, seeking for answers.

At a moment I can't sit any longer. Getting off my couch, I pace back and forth, contemplating every word my dad has spoken earlier today and every word I have heard from Habib Uncle today.

"We decided to think about you and Aryan."

"Habib and I are both excited as well as happy about it."

"Aryan is not the person you think he is."

"He still has a heart that yearns for love, the love that I couldn't provide."

"I feel that you're the one who can give him the love, care, and happiness that I couldn't."

"My Son isn't bad.. He never was"

What's happening? How did all of these turn out like this?
Initially, my impressions of him were good during our first meeting. But then, from our second meeting, I started questioning his nature, misunderstood him, and now.... now I'm confronted with the unsettling realization that he is not who thought he was. And on top of that, I declined the proposal, despite now being aware of the truth? Despite now being aware of the fact that he is the same person, the one who made me feel something during our first meeting? What's going on? I just feel like my head is going to explode. Why is it so complicated?

A sigh escapes my lips knowing I failed to come up with any conclusions. Consequently I stroll towards my room.

After I finish my night routine, I plop on the bed, pulling the cover upto my chin. Turning around, I gaze at the city through the huge window, which transforms into a dazzling display of lights, with towers illuminating the night sky.

 Turning around, I gaze at the city through the huge window, which transforms into a dazzling display of lights, with towers illuminating the night sky

I close my eyes, endeavoring to fall asleep, but I realize it's a futile effort. Those thoughts continue to race, refusing to be silenced, not letting me sleep peacefully.