𝟐 | 𝐀𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐔𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐒𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"My lady, would you like me to take you to have this cleaned?" Aemond questioned her, gesturing to the cut on Saera's face. She shook her head fiercely at his offer, blue gaze still focused on the dark-haired boy who disappeared behind the heavy wooden door, entering the castle. Her first impression of Prince Jacaerys was that he was incredibly handsome, with a strong jawline and unruly dark hair, an athletic build and a charming smile. What an arrogant boy, she thought to herself, vengeful expression on her face as she slid her daggers into the sheaths on her belt, the blades dangling loosely.

"It is a scratch," she responded, the cut so thin and small that she knew it wouldn't scar or cause her any problems such as infection.

"You were the better warrior by far. You're almost as good as Aemond, and that's saying something..." Aegon attempted to cool the small girls' temper. She knew she was no match for Aemond despite her training, but this hadn't bothered her. Aegon and his brother had gotten to know their cousin decently well during the week prior where she had come to stay at Kings' Landing. The white-haired prince's attempt at reducing her annoyance was in vain.

"I should've beaten him," she replied, with a clenched jaw, scowling at the ground.

"I do not doubt there will be further opportunity my lady," Aemond told her, which finally caused her expression to shift. Saera knew that Jacaerys' visit would not be a short one, and she now knew that she would be able to prove herself. She would could wipe the arrogant grin of Jace's face, for good.

"My father, King Viserys has ordered that we all attend a welcome feast tonight to greet his daughter Rhaenyra and her children," Aemond continued, Saera nodding at his words. She knew Jace would be there, and she knew it would be an opportunity to humble the boy for embarrassing and insulting her on the training yard.

"I look forward to it, my Prince." She said with a grin, before setting off towards the castle and away from the two Targaryen boys who watched her leave.

"I think she's heading off to murder our nephew," Aegon joked, amused by how angry and riled up the small girl had gotten.

"Perhaps, not that if she did it would be so terrible," Aemond remarked to Aegon who chuckled darkly. They were not the biggest fans of Jace or Luke either, so seeing Saera so riled up by Jace within the confines of one conversation had satisfied both princes.

"Father will be expecting us to behave at this feast tonight," Aemond turned to Aegon who shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. The eldest son had never really been one to stay quiet when drunk on wine, even if his entire family was there.

"We shall see where the night takes us, brother," Aegon responded, Aemond smirking slightly at his words. They would indeed.

As Saera entered the great hall, the noticed Queen Consort Alicent and her father Otto greeting Jacaerys and the rest of his family before the iron throne. She too had found it strange that she had never been taken to meet King Viserys, despite having slept in the guest chambers of King's Landing for a week. The King did not appear to be ruling the Kingdom, Alicent and Otto evidently carrying out his duties on his behalf.

As Saera walked past, she stopped and looked at Jace's mother, Rhaenyra. The princess and Saera's cousin was a beautiful woman, with long white hair like her own. She had sharp features like her eldest son. So this is to be our Queen? Saera thought, but noticed that Rhaenyra did carry herself with a certain subtle regality. She would suit it, Saera determined, continuing out the back of the great hall and avoiding conversation with Jace's family and Alicent, who irritated her. Saera found the Queen to be doting in a way that was slightly overwhelming and also insincere.

As Saera pushed one of the doors open to enter one of the castle's hallways, Jace seemed to hear her behind him, far in the distance at the opposite side of the huge hall. He turned his head and narrowed his grey eyes in a vicious glare which Saera happily returned. She pulled the door open and left, heading towards her chambers.