𝟏𝟏 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬

Aemond and Saera strolled through the gardens, her arm through his as the sun beat down on the pair, setting both their white heads of hair aglow. The flowers were in bloom, bright colours surrounding them as Aemond escorted his betrothed down the colourful sweet-smelling paths. They had changed out of their training gear, Saera wearing a pale blue silk off-shoulder dress and Aemond was wearing a dark green long sleeved velvet tunic with black leather details and trousers.

"I do hope you have enjoyed your stay here so far, my lady," he told her, Saera doing her best to act relaxed around the taller boy and mask the unease she felt. She forced a smile onto her face, nodding at Aemond's words.

"The capital has been a warm welcome. And I really do mean warm, as up in the hills and mountains of the Eyrie there are battering winds and a frosty chill in the air. It is so different here." She informed him, the pair walking among the rose and tulip bushes, the birds tweeting overhead. It was a beautiful scene, like something out of a fairytale book the Septa's would read to Saera each night before she would fall asleep. The reality however, was that Aemond was no Prince Charming.

"I am glad you have enjoyed exploring and meeting my family, although I have to say I am unhappy with how little time we have spent getting to know one another." Aemond told her with a half smile, Saera sensing an underlying anger through his tone which he was hiding well. "We have been so busy with our visitors, I feel we have had scarce opportunity to talk to one another." He continued, still holding Saera closely. She knew which visitor was bothering him in particular. The handsome dark-haired boy with sharp grey eyes and a boyish grin who had been secretly fucking Saera semi regularly now. Her feelings for Jace were growing stronger by the minute, and all the more confusing.

"For the first week I was here we flew together, we dined together, we trained together-" she began, listing off all of the activities they had done when she had first arrived in King's Landing before the arrival of Jace and Luke. She had gotten to know the three eldest of Viserys and Alicent's children well enough to act polite and friendly. However, the more time she had spent with her cousins the more she had realised that Aegon and Aemond were not noble or kind-hearted like Jace and Luke.

"For almost all of those moments we shared, we were accompanied by Aegon or others. I would like to spend more time with you, unburdened by the presence of anyone who isn't us." He told her, Saera feeling a chill run down his spine. She tried to hide a bewildered expression, continuing to strain a smile on her face.

"That sounds perfect, Aemond. I'm sure when the Princess Rhaenyra and her family return to Dragonstone and we no longer have to entertain them, we shall have all the time in the world to spend together." She informed him, trying her best not to think about Jace leaving. She wasn't sure when it would be, and she couldn't bare to imagine how she would feel when the day would come.

"Only the rest of our lives, I suppose." He told her with a grin, Saera feeling her smile falter slightly at his words. She would be trapped here in King's Landing with Aemond as her husband for the rest of her life. There would be no escape that would not cause a massive dispute between her family and the Targaryens. "They should be gone soon..." he informed her, carefully studying her reaction to his words. She didn't let her expression change, but within her she felt a sadness like no other start to spread. She didn't want Jace to leave.

"I apologise if my absence has left you unsatisfied my prince, it has been a strange adjustment leaving my family." She apologised which seemed to please the much taller boy.

"It is alright, my lady. I have seen enough of you to know that you are both intelligent, capable, a talented warrior and dragon rider, sharp-tongued and quick-witted. These are all things about you I admire." He praised her, Saera knowing that this whole conversation was a game he was playing with her. He was looking for a hint of weakness or anything that could confirm any of the suspicions he had about her. "I'm sure others admire these qualities you have as well," he told her, his tone darkening ever so slightly. Saera could tell he was hinting at Jace, seeming to have noticed something between them.