𝟏𝟓 | 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞, 𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐬

After leaving Alicent's tent, she caught sight of Jace and his family entering a carriage, clearly having been asked to leave the Gods Wood after Jace's bad behaviour. Jace was the last to enter the carriage, feeling her eyes on him, the dark-haired boy's stormy eyes moving to her and staying there for a few seconds. His brow was creased, clearly distressed. He clenched his jaw, forcing his eyes from her as he pulled himself into the carriage and closed the door behind him. Saera moved closer only to stop when she heard a voice.

"Lady Saera, you will not be riding in the same carriage as the Crown's guests. There is little point in prepping a carriage for you and you alone so I will escort you on horseback to the red keep." Saera heard Ser Criston Cole, turning around and gazing up at the large man who was behind her. He was handsome, with olive skin and dark wavy locks, hazel eyes and a sharp jawline. However, Saera did not like the way the knight followed around Queen Alicent like and angry dog ready to snap at anyone who did not please his master.

"I would rather a carriage," Saera quipped, looking up at him. She watched irritation flash across his face at her attitude.

"A carriage will not prepared for just one passenger. Follow me, my lady." He told her, the girl rolling her eyes and following after him, a moody expression on her face. The pair approached a white horse which was already saddled with a high quality leather saddle. Criston reached the horse first, patting her nose and grabbing some wheat from the box that sat beside them and holding it out for the horse to take.

"Will you need help getting up, my lady?" He questioned, turning to see Saera already sitting atop the horse. He gazed at her sitting atop the horse, baffled that she had managed on her own. He pulled himself up in front of her, the girl begrudgingly holding onto his waist as he started off through the courtyard in the same direction the carriage had left a few minutes earlier. As Saera and Criston rode past, Saera looked at Aegon and Aemond who stood speaking to one another, their voices dark and hushed. Saera noticed the bruise that was starting to form on Aemond's jaw from where Jace had hit him, resisting the urge to grin.

The white-haired boys caught sight of her, looking at her with unreadable stares. She scowled back at both of them harshly, Aegon raising an eyebrow, clearly shocked that she still wasn't apologetic at all. The horse continued, Saera looking away from the Targaryen Princes and at the carriage tracks that she and Ser Criston were following, heading towards the castle far in the distance.

"Where was the King's Guard when Prince Jacaerys brutally assaulted Aemond?" Saera teased with a sly snarky smile, still holding on to the armoured knight as they left the encampment, now surrounded by fir trees which stretched high into the sky.

"Don't think I do not know what you are, my lady." Ser Criston responded, his voice full of distain. "I am not a fan of Princess Rhaenyra's bratty children, but even I can see that you manipulated Prince Jacaerys." Saera was shocked by the man's words, and the way he talked about both Jace and Luke.

"What is it you think I am, Ser Criston?" She questioned through gritted teeth, smirk fading as the horse continued to trot along the dirt path.

"I think you are lying harlot who used her body to manipulate both Prince Aemond and Prince Jacaerys, turning them against one another for nothing but amusement." He informed her, Saera's expression becoming one of shock and rage. She wanted to pull her daggers free and cut him down for speaking to her that way, but she held back.

"I manipulated Prince Jacaerys? I'm assuming Aemond told you that the prince kissed me, not the other way around!" She told him, features twisted in annoyance. Ser Criston let out an amused laugh full of bitterness and resentment.

"No matter how drunk a boy may be, there must have been a reason he kissed you. I'm certain you gave off the impression you wanted him to." He informed her, Saera scowling at his back.