𝟏𝟎 | 𝐖𝐡𝐨'𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰?

Jace was thrusting into the girl who was pinned to the bed beneath him. He bit his lip, his hand over her mouth to keep her quiet as he felt her around him, the pleasure coursing through his veins like a drug. He could hear her muffled moans against his hand as his hips slammed against hers, his free hand on her hip and holding her in place. Her long thick locks of hair were splayed out around her head on the sheets like a halo.

He watched as she grabbed the bedsheets beside her head, clutching them tightly, her legs shaking as he continued to fill her. He could feel himself getting closer and closer with every push, his heart slamming in his chest. And in this moment, she was his. She was his, and his alone.

Jace's dream of the events of yesterday ended, his grey eyes opening and gazing at the ceiling above him. The light of the morning shone in through his window, hitting the side of his face and brightening his room. His hand absentmindedly moved to his silken sheets, touching where they had lain with one another the night before. He wanted her to make him feel that way again. By the gods, he wanted it now.

Jace could feel the stiffness between his legs, pulling up his sheets and looking down between his legs at the familiar rock solid sight. He let out a defeated sigh, letting the silk covers fall back down again. His body was already yearning for physical release, but now he knew how good it could feel with her. His hand could never compare again. He was unsure how he could ever be satisfied not having her.

The frustration was growing once again, Jace squeezing his eyes shut, his brow furrowed. He thought about her kissing him, and the last words she had told him. "Then we shall burn together, Jacaerys Velaryon." Part of it excited him, the desire and the passion they felt for one another being their little secret.

He forced himself out of bed and began to get ready, throwing on his training gear. He knew they would be expected on the training yard today just like every other, so he may as well attend breakfast dressed for the occasion.

As Jace pushed his way out of his room, he caught sight of Luke who was walking down the hallway with Rhaena in his arm, chatting away to the girl. Jace noted that they looked like a very well suited couple, Rhaena's smile bright as she hung on every word that Luke would say. Luke's blue eyes moved ahead and caught sight of Jace, instantly moving to the ground.

"Oh no, don't talk to him. He's been so annoying recently." Luke jokingly whispered to Rhaena while attempting to walk past Jace swiftly, not making eye contact. Jace rolled his eyes at his little brother's statement, walking behind the pair and catching up to them.

"Aren't you both just the sweetest?" Jace wrapped his arm around Luke and ruffled the smaller boy's dark hair. Luke let go of Rhaena and began to try and wrestle himself free from Jace's grip but failing, his order brother keeping his arm around his neck.

"Free my betrothed Jace, or you leave me no choice!" Rhaena joked, mockingly preparing to fight the taller boy who let Luke go, the younger brother fixing his hair after the scuffle. Jace raised his hands in a surrender position and took a step back.

"I could not face that fight, for I would not stand a chance." Jace told her, the girl continuing to laugh. Luke raised an eyebrow at Jace, the three making their way down the hallway and towards the great hall for breakfast.

"Wow, I think that's the first time I've seen a smile on your face since we arrived here, brother. Tell me, what has changed? Last night you looked miserable." Luke asked Jace, who realised that he was indeed smiling.

"I enjoyed myself last night after we arrived at the ball. Perhaps that is what has lightened my mood." Jace suggested, technically not lying to his little brother and Rhaena. He did enjoy himself last night - he enjoyed himself a lot. Luke watched his brother's relaxed but happy expression, wondering what had changed. He began to pray in his head with the hood that Jace had not snuck off and murdered Saera.