𝟏𝟐 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐞

Jace pulled her hips against his, moaning harder as she rode him, Saera's small hands on his chest as she felt him fill her up entirely with every movement. The pleasure was almost too much to endure but Saera continued, letting out a gasp as Jace moved his hips up to meet hers now. He pulled her down for a kiss, a rough and intense kiss before swapping their positions, holding her close and turning them both so he was now on top. He pushed deep into her, feeling her legs wrap around his waist and pull him in further.

"I don't want to ever leave this room..." he mumbled against her, grabbing the bed frame with one of his hands as he thrusted deep inside her. Saera looked up at him, brows furrowed and hands clawing at the pillows behind her head. "And I don't ever want to do anything else for as long as I live..." he continued breathlessly, squeezing his eyes shut and letting his head sink do her shoulder as he continued to push inside her. He was growing closer and closer by the second.

"My heart is yours, Jace. Only yours." She told him, the words leaving her lips before she could stop them. Her words made his heart sing, beating and thumping and bartering against his ribs as he began to kiss her neck, her hands flying to his hair. His movements began quicker, more desperate as he moved his lips against hers. One of her hands scratched down his back, the other moving to the side of his face. They separated, Jace looking down at her. "You're the only one I want. The only one I will ever want." She panted, chest rising and falling quickly. Looking at her beautiful face and hearing the words that left her lips sent the dark-haired boy over the edge.

He finished, the familiar warm waves spreading through him as Saera felt the muscles of his back tighten beneath her fingers. His hips jolted, grabbing the headboard tighter and breathing heavily as the pleasure shook him to his core. His eyes squeezed shut once again, brows furrowing as he felt the intense pulsating and throbbing between his legs. Saera pulled him close, his strength failing as he lay on top of her, his face close to hers and his head now laying on the pillow. She gently ran her hands over his back which tickled him slightly, before pressing her lips softly to his forehead.

Saera smiled at his relaxed face, eyes shut and his muscles now starting to relax. He looked so innocent when he wasn't frowning or glaring at her, his expression one of complete and utter content.

•••

"Do you ever think about leaving?" Jace questioned, his arms wrapped around the small girl who he was cuddling, the pair gazing out at the rays of morning sunlight that were shining in onto the bed they both lay in, both facing the pale blue sky. The had slept in one another's arms that night, waking at the same time after hearing the birds chirping outside.

"Hm?" She hummed in response, just enjoying laying with him and feeling his warmth press into her back. She wore one of his large white shirts, which was loose and too baggy on her. Jace noticed her white hair was messy after they had slept, making her look even prettier than she usually did.

"We have dragons. Do you ever think about leaving and flying off to some mysterious land no one even has a name for?" he asked, his arms still around her and holding her close to him. She touched one of his arms that was around her gently with her fingers, enjoying the soft and romantic physical contact.

"We have a duty here, Jace." She told him, her pale blue eyes still gazing out into the light that shone in through the large window.

"Don't pretend like you care about your duties," Jace pulled her closer to him and made his way on top of her, kissing her cheeks and her forehead. She rolled her eyes while laughing.

"Maybe I don't care about mine, but you most certainly should care about yours, Jace. One day, you'll sit the iron throne and everyone shall bow to King Jacaerys Targaryen, first of his name, King of the Andals, the Roynar and the First Men. Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm." She told him, looking up at the boy with a grin. Jace's smile faltered as he heard her words. For years he had been so sure of what he wanted, but now everything felt different.