𝟏𝟖 | 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐔𝐬

When Jace found out about his baby sister who had never lived, his thoughts grew darker and more disturbing. The news of his grandsire's death, as well as her crown being taken from her had sent his mother into an early labour resulting in a painful miscarriage. His sister Visenya was too small and too weak, coming too early to take a breath or live on her own.

At the funeral Jace stood beside Luke, his brother equally heartbroken by the news. Jace could feel a burning hatred start to burn deep within him, resenting Aegon, Aemond and the greens for their betrayal. His mother did not deserve to lose her daughter, and his sister deserved to live.

When Erryk Cargyll had presented Rhaenyra with her father's crown, Jace had bowed to his new Queen. His mother was the rightful heir to the iron throne, and he would not rest until she sat upon it, ruling the seven kingdoms like King Viserys had intended.

After Rhaenyra's coronation on the grassy cliffs of Dragonstone, Jace, Luke and Daemon awaited their Queen's arrival from within the war council room. Rhaenyra entered, a regal air about her as the knights stopped escorting her at her command. His mother approached the map table, gazing down at the figures of every great house of the seven Kingdoms. She would need all the support she could get.

"Forget pleading with other houses for support, Rhaenyra." Daemon started from beside Jace, who was gazing down at the separate three headed dragon, sitting on the part of the table representing King's Landing. The enemy, who still had Saera. "We have Syrax, Caraxes, Meleys," Daemon began, Rhaenys raising an eyebrow. "Vermax, Arrax, and Moondancer." He continued, listing off Jace, Luke and Baela's dragons. "If we fly to King's Landing United and catch the greens off guard, within a few hours we could have all four of their dragon riders' heads on spikes and the iron throne well within our grasp." His words echoed in Jace's mind, realising that the fourth dragon rider he was referring to was Saera. Jace's expression darkened, opening his mouth to protest Daemon's suggestion and correct him - Saera would never fly against them in battle.

"I am not making the first move to plunge us into a war we are unprepared for," Rhaenyra responded to Daemon before Jace could snap, the boy's fists clenching by his sides. "We will await terms served by my brother, and hear out what he has to say. In my heart I fear that Aegon is not to blame for this unraveling chaos." Jace listened to his words, surprised at how level-headed she sounded despite going through such a traumatic event.

"We have the Velaryon fleet, but we require more than just the support of one great house," Rhaenyra remarked, smiling gratefully at Corlys and Rhaenys. "We shall send ravens to the Starks in the North, the Arryns in the Vale and the Baratheons in Storms End." Rhaenyra announced, her blue eyes now on the raven master who stood beside Daemon, the man nodding at her request.

"Send us," Jace spoke up, feeling everyone's gaze now move to him. "Dragons are faster than ravens, and more convincing." He continued, wanting to serve as an envoy for his mother. Jace then felt Luke start to shift nervously beside his brother, clearly uncertain with Jace's proposal. Rhaenyra looked at Jace's strong expression, smiling softly at him.

"Very well, Prince Jacaerys will fly to the North and treat with Lord Cregan Stark." She informed him, Jace understanding that he was being given the most treacherous task, having to fly the farthest. He nodded at her instructions.

"Prince Lucerys will fly to Storms End and treat with Lord Borros Baratheon," Rhaenyra informed Luke, giving him the much shorter journey. Luke hesitantly nodded at his mother, Jace noticing how nervous his brother now appeared to be.

"Princess Rhaenys will patrol the skies surrounding Dragonstone, as well as the gullet." Rhaenyra then turned her attention to Rhaenys who also nodded.