Cold Waters

"Yayyy," Suhana's scream of excitement filled the air.

A surge of adrenaline coursed through her as the raft danced through the rapid waters of the Ganga. Each twist and turn of the river sent her heart leaping with exhilaration.

Cold river waters splashed her face, leaving her drenched, yet she laughed heartily with her friends, immersed in the thrilling moment.

Amidst the serene surroundings of the holy Ganga, a trip with friends became the best decision of her life. Life ho toh aisi, she mused.

However, Devi Ganga had different plans.

In the blink of an eye, the raft collided with a boulder, leaping into the air and overturning.

Caught off guard, Suhana plunged into the water, the sudden immersion knocking the breath out of her.

Gasping for air, she struggled to reach the water's surface, a sharp pain in her right leg hindering her efforts.

A cramp gripped her leg, and she hissed in pain. Despite the pain, she kept on, swimming towards the surface, worsening her situation.

Unable to move her leg and gasping for breath, Suhana found herself drowning before she could fully grasp the dire situation.

"I can't die like this. Not now, not today. I didn't even go to college. I worked so hard to pass my Jee Advance. Maa. Baba. I don't wanna die."

Hey Krishna, please save me, was the last thought that crossed Suhana's mind as consciousness slipped away, replaced by the engulfing water in her lungs.

--------------------------

How's it?