The Terrifying truth

Suhana awoke with a start, her heart racing at a thousand miles per second.

What was that?

Restless, Suhana grappled with the strange dream she had. No, it wasn't just a dream; it felt too real to be confined to the realm of dreams. It wasn't a solitary dream but a cascade of them, playing in her mind like a vivid movie, like a series of memories. Memories that felt oddly familiar, yet not entirely hers. 

Suhana hadn't lived these experiences before. 

So, whose memories were these, and why did they now reside within the corridors of her mind?

The revelation struck her like a bolt of lightning—these were Sushala's memories she had been dreaming. 

Yet, the perplexity deepened. How was she not just witnessing but feeling every emotion as if living Sushala's life? Did their souls exchange, or did their souls merge into one? 

As the questions swirled, she wondered who was the man who saved her, leaving her with haunting familiarity. 

The puzzle of her dreams remained, leaving Suhana entangled in a web of unanswered questions.

One thing became painfully clear to her—she now inhabited the body of Sushala, the only sister of the Kauravas and Pandavas. 

Being connected to the Kuru dynasty or any association with them never ended well. 

This clan, doomed from the start, was hurtling towards the inevitable great war of Mahabharat.

Suhana, aware of the curse that hung over this lineage, had no desire to be entangled in their tumultuous affairs. Suhana was barely 18, she was not meant to witness such cruelty. Yet, against her wishes, she found herself at the very center of this unfolding drama.

From what she remembered, Sushala was destined to be married to Sindhuraj, a monster blinded by lust. Sushala endured a lifetime of torment at his hands. To compound her tragedy, her own brothers were the reason for her husband's death, leaving her a widow. Even her children met a tragic end. 

Sushala's life unfolded as a relentless tragedy, and now, Suhana found herself trapped in the body of a woman whose existence seemed nothing but a curse.

Despite the fortunate cancellation of her current marriage, Suhana grappled with the ominous uncertainty of her future. 

The looming presence of the Kauravas, especially the formidable Duryodhan, cast a dark shadow over her future. The fear lingered that she might be forced into a union with another sadist akin to Sindhuraj. Her family, seemingly blind to her objections, appeared capable of thrusting her into an unwanted marriage.

The Pandavas, bound by Yudhister's decisions and influenced by his jyesth pita shree, seemed unlikely to be allies in her plight. 

With Duryodhan's control extending even to the puppeted Dhritarashtra, and influential figures like Pitamah Bheeshm, Guru Dron, Kaka Vidur, Maharani Gandhari, and Rajmata Kunti offering no apparent solace, Suhana foresaw a grim outcome. 

The thought of being married against her will to a monstrous figure haunted her, foretelling a painful demise she could not escape.

One particular memory of Sushala haunted Suhana—the terrifying incident where Sushala was alone with the monstrous Sindhuraj. The mere recollection sent shivers down her spine.

Alone and cornered by Sindhuraj, Sushala stood on the precipice of a horrifying fate. The lustful gaze of Sindhuraj and her helplessness was imprinted in Suhanas's brain. It was only the timely arrival of Angraj Karn that spared her from the unthinkable. The lingering fear of what could have transpired haunted her thoughts and left her restless.