Chapter XIX

"Forgive me, my liege

"Forgive me, my liege. I've returned from the Dark World with news." An Asgardian guard steps into the throne room where Odin and more Asgardian guards are as he stand at the broken throne.

"Thor?" Odin asks. Turning to the guard.

"There's no sign of Thor, or the weapon, but.." The Asgardian guard took a step forward.

"What?" Turn his whole body at the guard.

"We found a body." He announces.

Odin pauses then looks away at the guard, "Loki."

Under the shadow of his helmet, the guard smiles.

~°~°~

The next day Thor had successfully ended Malakeith and his Dark Elves — He returns back to Asgard to face the damage he had cause to stop the dark Elves. He kneels in the now restored Throne Room.

"You once said there would never be a wiser King than me. You were wrong. The alignment has brought all the realms together. Every one of them saw you offer your life to save them. What can Asgard offer its new King in return?" Odin spoke as he stood in front of his son.

"My life. Father, I cannot be King of Asgard. I will protect Asgard and all the realms with my last and every breath, but I cannot do so from that chair. Loki, for all his grave imbalance, understood rule as I know I never will. The brutality, the sacrifice... it changes you. I'd rather be a good man than a great King." Thor explains.

"Is this my son I hear, or the woman he loves?" Odin questions Thor's conclusion.

"When you speak, do I never hear Mother's voice?" Odin sighs as he looks down. "This is not for Jane, Father. She does not know what I came here to say. Now forbid me to see her or say she can rule at my side, it changes nothing."

"One son who wanted the throne too much, another who will not take it. Is this my legacy?" Odin ask.

"Loki died with honor, I shall try to live the same. Is that not legacy enough?" Thor then remembers his his brother dying in his arms or his nieces and nephew roaring in agony. Odin nods. Thor held up Mjölnir for his father to take but Odin shook his head.

"It belongs to you, if you are worthy of it."

"I shall try to be."

"I cannot give you my blessing, nor can I wish you good fortune." Odin spoke as he sat down on his throne.

"I know." Thor stood up and left.

"If I were proud of the man my son had become, even that I could not say. It would speak only from my heart." Thor stops in his tracks ad looks up at his father. "Go, my son."

"Thank you, father."

Just as Thor left — A green glow surrounds Odin to reveal it was Loki all this time, then some parts of the Throne Room moves to reveal the dragon siblings as they sat beside their father.

"No. Thank you." Loki said with a devious smile on his lips.

" Loki said with a devious smile on his lips

The end of Thor: Dark World.