Chapter XXVIII

"Hela! Enough!" Thor cried out to Hela, lifting his exhausted body up

"Hela! Enough!" Thor cried out to Hela, lifting his exhausted body up. "You want Asgard? It's yours."

The death Goddess turns to her brother, " Whatever game you're playing, it won't work." She spoke. "You can't defeat me."

"No," He points to the golden castle. "but he can." Just as the castle explodes to the fire demon Surtur rises from the debris.

"Tremble before me Asgard, for I am your reckoning!" He boomed out as he plunges his large sword into every village house.

Mustering up all her remaining strength, Valkyrie drives her Dragonfang through Hela's chest, effectively pinning her to the bridge. While Thor uses a lightning bolt to break off the section of the bridge to break free and plumage her into the ocean.

"The people are safe." Valkyrie spoke as she and Thor looked at Surtur's destruction. " That's all that matters." She assures him.

"We're fulfilling the prophecy." Thor said to her.

"I hate this prophecy."

"So do I, but we have no choice. Surtur destroys Asgard, he destroys Hela so that our people can live.We need to let him finish—" Before Thor can finish a flash of something green fly past him to reveal Hulk as he slam himself into Surtur while Malum was next to them, drenched in water mix with blood from his fight with Fenris the Wolf.

"Hulk stop it you moron!" Thor called out.

Then the Hulk was thrown off of Surtur lands on the rainbow bridge, "Hulk, just for once in your life, don't smash!" Thor shouts out.

The Hulk got up and looked at Surtur. "Big Monster!"

"Let's go!" Valkyrie spoke to the Hulk. With a growl, "Fine!" Hulk picked up his friend as him and Malum went into the ship where all the Asgardians are.

~°~°~

The siblings whine as they watch their home that they're raised in being desolate by the fire demon, watching at Hela's failed attempt of killing Surtur —Until he plumage his sword into Hela's and Asgard's core until it exploded into a bright blue light like stars. "What have I done?" Thor said to himself.

"You saved us from extinction." Heimdall tells him with a smile. "Asgard is not a place, it's a people." He said those same words Odin told him.

~°~°~

Thor looks at his reflection in a mirror. His wounds are bandaged, including his now missing eye that had a patch similar to Odin, pouring himself a drink while looking back at the mirror. Almost looking at the sight of the man looking back at him.

"It suits you." Loki spoke up from behind Thor.

Thor turns at the sound of Loki who had a smile on his face, "Perhaps you're not so bad after all, brother."

"Maybe not."

"Thank you, Loki." Thor picks up the lid of the bottle, "And if you were here, I might even give you a hug." He threw it and was surprised when Loki caught it, showing that it was no illusion this time.

"I'm here." Loki smiles. The two brothers walked towards one another and shared a embrace, for the first time in years.

(A/N: Taika, why can't you show us this!?)

Thor steps out onto the main deck to see an assembly of both Asgardian and Sakaarian refugees awaiting their King.Thor looks over his people and begins to walk through the crowd. His subjects part, allowing him through while bowing down at the sight of him. At the end of the procession, Hulk, Loki, Valkyrie, and Heimdall stand next to the Captain's chair. "Your throne." Valkyrie said to him.

Thor sat down on the captain's chair just as the siblings walked forth, Malum flinching at the sight of the Hulk, the siblings stood next to their father while Malum with Heimdall.

"So, King of Asgard." Heimdall spoke. "Where to?" he asked.

Thor turns to see his people staring back, silently awaiting word from their new King, he waved and turned back at the grand window. "I'm not sure. Any suggestions?" Thor asks. Turning to Korg holding a small bug alien. "Miek, what's your home planet?"

"Oh, Miek's dead." Korge spoke up. "I accidentally stepped on him on the bridge, I've just felt so guilty I've been carrying him around all day..." Silence filled the air; the only sound was gurgles from the dragons.

Then the small bug alien creature woke up, "Miek, you're alive! He's alive everyone! What was your question?"

Thor let out a breath, "Earth it is."

~°~°~

In the evening; the two brothers stood in front of the grand window while the dragons were curled up fast asleep just like they did when they're young—The sound of rumbles of their throats as they dream peacefully.

"Do you really think it's a good idea to go back to Earth?" Loki asks his brother.

"Sure!" Thor replies. "They love me there."

Loki raised an eyebrow, "Let me rephrase: Do you really think it's a good idea to bring me back to Earth?" He said.

Thor smiles, "Probably not." He answers. "But don't worry, brother...I've got a feeling that everything's going to work out." He pats Loki's shoulders.

Loki looks back at his sleeping children, Erebus moves her body slightly while flapping her right wing. Probably dreaming about flying.

Yeah, everything will be okay.

A/N: As requested; Infinity War shall NOT be taking place

The end of Thor:Ragnarök