Chapter 10 - High Detective

After the Battle of the Dark at the Marble Wall, Draylan Scarab needed something to remind himself of the day it all went wrong. And he found out what it was. Kharatak's mask. After Veykne killed him, the only thing left was his skull mask. So in honour of the Officer, the man who he still sees as the Officer, Scarab wore the mask in honour of his late friend. Even though it was awkward at the funeral.

His partner, Detective Caros Crow also thought so. But they had a more important matter on their hands: joining a new agency. This new agency was called the MDSA, the Multi-Discipline Sorcery Agency, filled with detectives, paramedics, politicians, generals and so much more, all having different disciplines.

The excitement on Caros's face when she was told her and Scarab were the highest ranking detectives was incomparable. High Detective is what they were called now.

Entering the building was the tricky part. To be out of the way of non sorcerers, they had to hide it in a place no sane person would look : a museum.

Underneath the basement at the Golden Museum was the MDSA. As soon as they stepped inside, it felt like a whole new world, with boring old desks to pool tables and every sector had their own floor. The one for detectives was floor number 5, and at the very end lay to offices, one labelled ' HIGH DETECTIVE CAROS CROW' and the one opposite said ' HIGH DETECTIVE DRAYLAN SCARAB.

Caros smiled as she opened her 20 feet wide office, knowing she would stay there forever. Scarab had the same reaction.

As soon as Scarab settled down, a man came up to him, wearing a lavish suit and holding a file in his hand.

"Hello, Boss," he began. "My name is Derek, and I am the Case Report Officer." he said holding up the file."

"My first case for the MDSA, I see." Scarab noticed.

"Yes, boss. A man by the name of Karl Sin Clair murdered by what we think is Jeremy Cofield."

"The Diablerie teleporter?"

"Affirmative, boss." Derek replied.

"Say's here he's against Anthrax,"

"Which is why I think Jeremy did it, Boss."

Scarab didn't reply. He left his office and went barging in to Caros's office.

"Were taking another Diablerie case." Scarab stated.

"Of course," Caros replied. "Of course,"