Chapter 16 - Goodbye

Scarab explained everything to Wolf and Caros.

"I think Derek has the knife. Or the Diablerie want him to when, or if, they can get from the portal." Scarab theorized.

"So that guy is a to-be serial killer?" Wolf asked.

"Spot on."

They drove to the Marble Wall, each of their hearts beating, them trembling in their shoes.

Carefully, Scarab exited his car, looking for oncoming trouble.

"Clear," he told them, and they both exited in unison.

Wolf's eyes widened. A man appeared out of nowhere, as if he was teleporting.

"That's him," Caros explained. They ducked, hiding away from the Texan Killer.

"Come out now," Jeremy said.

Wolf thought it was aimed at him, but to his surprise, a man popped out behind the wall.

Derek.

"So, where's the King?" Derek asked.

"Oh, you'll see Anthrax. And Anthrax will kill. Wait." Jeremy realized.

He looked around, and saw a very unusual Bentley in the corner of his eye.

"The Skull Man's here." Jeremy exclaimed.

Wolf jaw dropped, but Scarab was smiling under the mask.

"Come out now!" Jeremy screamed.

And so Scarab did. He got his gun and the first thing he did is shoot blankly.

"Here I am!" Scarab remarked.

Derek was scared, but in just a second he was dead. A bullet in his small brain. Blood everywhere. And most of all, Derek's sorry mouth was shut.

Scarab winked as his fingers filled with lightning. It missed at hit Derek's dead body, causing his body to burn and melt.

Jeremy raised his Sceptre, and fire came out of it. The fire turned black, and he aimed it at Scarab.

Somehow dodging, Wolf screamed at it nearly hitting him. That was a mistake.

He raised his Sceptre, and in less than a second, Wolf's neck was bleeding. Scarab ran to him, dodging more black fire.

Scarab tried not to cry, and he didn't.

"Goodbye." Wolf remarked, and his eyes shut.