Chapter 17 - The Shadows

Jeremy started laughing, and then stopped. The wind turned cold. So did Scarab. He heard footsteps, clanging on the concrete. Both of them knew who it was. The stared at each other, knowing the should call it truce, or they'll both be killed.

Seizing the opportunity, Caros threw a fireball at Jeremy, and Jeremy flung back, groaning in pain.

He wasn't dead, but he might as well be. Then a tall figure came walking behind him.

Anthrax.

"I see you haven't died." Anthrax said, pointing at Scarab. The mask made Anthrax think he was Kharatak.

"My King, I'm smarter than you may believe." Scarab said, playing along. "I've already caught this traitor." He was pointing at Caros, who realized what he needed to do.

Anthrax smiled.

"Open the portal, my king. We need that knife." Scarab said.

Anthrax stared.

"And how do you know we need the knife?" He asked.

"I hear things, my king." Scarab smiled, playing his part. "Important things."

Scarab realised Jeremy wasn't there, meaning he teleported away, and with Derek's lifeless body.

Anthrax blasted the Marble Wall with his dark energy, and the wall absorbed it. It grew and grew, until it was just taller than Anthrax. He moved his hand, turning it into a circle, and then he touched it.

The portal turned red, and Anthrax nodded, signalling for him to go.

Thinking quickly, Scarab said ,"But what about this girl?" pointing to Caros. "She'll escape and tell all her friends at her agency and whatnot. We can't kill her because -" Scarab realised Anthrax was staring straight at him.

Scarab also realized his voice was different, and Kharatak didn't know Caros worked for an agency. His cover was blown.

Without thinking, he blasted Anthrax with lightning and he fell back, but barely. Anthrax's black energy started to grow, and it engulfed his hand, and the sheer force pulled Scarab to the portal.

Scarab tried to remain still, but he caved in, and his left hand was engulfed in it. He screamed, and pulled his hand back out as soon as possible, then saw that it was full of red energy. He was a necromancer now, a Blood Necromancer. Anthrax pulled his sword out, and Scarab engulfed Anthrax's body in the red energy. Anthrax didn't scream, but just stood there, his armour being engulfed in red flames. As soon as Scarab tried to shoot him with lightning, Jeremy teleported and saved Anthrax from the lightning, and it all happened in the blink of an eye.