Chapter 11 - Dead Royalty

Scarab wore a clean suit, put on his Skull Mask and straightened his tie before going to his Bentley Continental S1, freshly painted black, where Caros Crow was waiting for him.

"I see you've cleaned up your wardrobe." Caros remarked. She couldn't see beneath his mask, but could tell he was smiling.

"I see you've lost your comb," Scarab smirked.

"Oh, shut up, ya shit" Caros replied as soon as Scarab charged on the accelerator.

20 minutes later they arrived at the crime scene, where they saw a middle aged man, cleanly shaven, bald head and blood. A lot of blood. He had six cuts on his body, each from different weapons, confirming the murder to be from the Diablerie, disproving Derek's claim.

After examining the body, Scarab came to the conclusion that Anthrax really hated this man, so there was something else in Karl's midst.

"Dead Kings," he muttered.

"What?" Caros replied, confused.

"In his report, it says his final recorded words were Dead Kings"."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"Exactly. That is definitely important because he killed Veykne twice. And I have a feeling."

"He probably worships Creed, and sees Anthrax and Veykne as blasphemers."

Scarab stared blankly at the ground, as if calculating something.

"Or he has something precio- I GOT IT!"

"The fu-?"Caros tried saying before being cut off.

"The Knife of Dead Kings! The one Kharatak had before Veykne killed him. That's what Anthrax is after! Because it was hit with Creed's necromancy, it has enough power to kill a Dark Spirit."

"Huh. Guess you are pretty smart. But why the hell is it called the Knife of Dead Kings?"

"Because it was used to kill the first king of sorcerers, King Qaizon, and his son, Prince Fabian. So the Knife of Dead Kings was born."

"So Karl had it?" Caros asked.

"That's what we need to do."