Chapter 32 - The Void: Part 1

The ground felt like it was shaking. Everything was a blur. Scarab looked around to see Caros looking around, all confused. Grant started screaming. The door was kicked down by the two Infusers, with blood on the tip of their spears. Scarab winced and everything went black.

He woke up half an hour later on a bed, and saw that Caros was staring at him.

"You're awake! You're awake! I thought you'd died." she screamed happily.

"What the hell?" Scarab got up and tried remembering what happened. His head was aching like the last time he blacked out, and most of all, he was confused.

"What happened?" Scarab noticed a scar on side of Caros's cheek, leading to her chin.

"A lot. Some guy escaped. Amryk came in with Jeremy, so our position was compromised. They were the two Infusers. He cut my face, and those scars never go. He killed Grant, so our information is gone. And now they have the guy who can take the gun. I didn't see him, but he called himself the Void."

Scarab took a minute to process that information.

"And how did I get knocked out?"

"Amryk flung you back using the air or some shit. Hit your head against the wall and just didn't move. I imagine it hurts."

"Like shit." Scarab added.

"Yeah, getting cut with that spear hurt as well, but you know, you first."

Scarab ignored the remark.

"So there's some random guy who calls himself the Void, and he's strong enough to bust himself out of Avalon?"

"That's not the worst part."

"Shit." Scarab muttered. Caros handed him a note. On it, it said, "The Blood Necromancer won't live. He is a blasphemer. The Cane of the Eclipse will deal with your hand accordingly. The Void Will Kill."

"Double Shit!"

"What's the Cane of the Eclipse?" Caros asked, even though her best friend was getting death threats.

"It was forged during the War of the Storm, in which the Dark Spirits killed some creatures called the Dismay. They made a Cane that releases Carnal Energy, some blue thing. It killed the necromancy and the person instantly. Now, no-one knows where it is."

The both stared into nothingness.

"I'm gonna die, aren't I?"